First cup of coffee from the new French Press!

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've been converting my electric kitchen gadgets to manual so if the electric goes out, I can still cook.
Big concern was the morning coffee. I already have a manual grinder for the beans, but I discovered it doesn't grind fine enough for a drip coffee maker, but would be perfect for a French Press.

I figured I could always boil some water on the grill or a rocket stove if the power goes out. This morning, I (cheated) boiled some water in the tea kettle on the stove, ground up some beans and gave it a try.

Just want to say the results are so good I may even get up earlier to make coffee this way & chuck the drip maker!
The flavor is just wonderful!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
A french press is also handy for making tea and coconut milk from shredded coconut meat. Ours gets a workout :D

Lady Henevere

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
French press coffee is much better than drip, IMHO. We recently let my SIL use ours while we were camping, and now she wants one of her own. :)

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I looooove my french press! I make a pot at night, refrigerate it and serve it iced in the mornings. Perfect for beating the heat.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
I have a single serving size french press that I also use for tea. My only problem is cleaning the grounds out of it without any going down the drain and clogging it. Any tips?