First day

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Of a new way of life apparently!

I was just laid off from my job this morning, I'm still in shock but not sad or depressed about it, I think we'll do fine overall.

Its just really weird at this point.

:/

mayberrygal73

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear that!:hugs

I am glad to see you have a positive attitude about it.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I had no idea what this was about when I opened it, so my first reaction was: :ep

I'm sorry to hear your news. :/ I hope you keep busy with gardening and other SS projects . . . there certainly is always something more to do around the homestead, right? Hopefully you can also save a significant amount of money while you are at it.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Was it a surprise totally? I was very surprised when I was laid off from my high tech job last July. Thank goodness for UE and Cobra.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
murphysranch said:
Was it a surprise totally? I was very surprised when I was laid off from my high tech job last July. Thank goodness for UE and Cobra.
Yeah it was a big surprise, the second I heard HR on the phone though I knew!

I'm hoping to cut out a few of our more spendy luxury items, and keep going full steam ahead, I'll have more time now to do things around the house etc. I just have to keep motivated! :D

I just went to the garden and harvested some radish, they look so happy and bright! Can't help but smile about them....

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I can't see how you might lack motivation when you have all of us here giving you ideas and inspiration. ;)

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
I can't see how you might lack motivation when you have all of us here giving you ideas and inspiration. ;)
:plbb Then I get stuck reading what everyone else is doing and sitting on my DUFF!

I have to keep the chin up - no use comes of being unhappy and depressed about something I have no control over, I do have control over who I am and what kind of person I am and the things I do - and I'll do things that keep making me smile! :D

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
:plbb Then I get stuck reading what everyone else is doing and sitting on my DUFF!
Well, you can't work ALL the time, you know? :)

You are talented and resourceful. I'm sure you will be just fine. :)