First Goat has Passed :(

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My first goat I ever bought has passed. She died last night sometime in the field.

Her name was Pet...LOL..lame I know but she was a pet from the day I bought her.

Goats don't do well over 8 years old and she was 9. but she lived great! what more can a goat ask and she dropped great kids. She has 2 kids now but they are like 2 mos. old and can make it on their own.....1 buck, 1 doe. The doe is not a great confirmation and I was getting rid of her, but now that Pet passed I will be keeping her daughter..LOL (sentimental for a farmer, yes...HAHA...Tony ain't thrilled I am keeping a cull, but tough) HA HA

So bye bye Pet....
She was Alpine and Boer Cross. Great goat!

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh that's sad :( I'm so sorry. It's really hard to lose a pet that you've had for a long time. I hope that you're blessed by fond memories when the loss isn't so fresh. :aww

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks everyone
being a farmer I don't get too attached even though I call them a great pet...but don't get me wrong...I loved that big girl..LOL

Worse when I had to put down my 2 horses....now honestly, I am still feeling that one to this day!

but at least we get to have great pets in our lives....that is a big plus!!

Latest posts