Fishing!

Flytyer24

Power Conserver
Reaction score
So I went out surf-fishing yesterday. I caugh a few skates... Then finally I caught my Striper. Here the trophy season is in so they have to be bigger than 32" I caught a 38" incher. Not huge but will eat great! You can only keep one. The big one are leaving tho so the fishing was a little slow. I love the taste of striper.

SO anyone else out there getting their fill of fish? I'm heading up to my famillies camp in Maine come June to do some trout fishing with the ole fly-rod... They are also a tasty fish!

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We've been catching a lot, but I haven't been keeping them. I just can't stomach the smell of fish... Or the taste.

Flytyer24

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
We've been catching a lot, but I haven't been keeping them. I just can't stomach the smell of fish... Or the taste.
What have you been catching???

I have been catching a lot of largemouth bass but I don't eat those... Taste like dirt.

I bet you would like striper! Nice white firm meat kinda sweet. Not that fishy.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I do like trout, but haven't been out for trout yet this year. I've mostly been catching panfish... Some largemouth bass, crappie, perch, bluegill. I've never tried any of these to be honest. Only the trout and some random fish from the stores/restaurants.

Flytyer24

Power Conserver
Reaction score
OOOH MAN.... Take those panfish fillet them up batter and fry them up in olive oil (just so it's healthy.. haha) you can't not like it...

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I haven't had time. Last 2 years I got my license, and never went. My son has been though, and he's been catching some nice large mouth bass. I have to find this lake he was telling me about. Sounds like a good place to go.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I've been catching a few smallmouth bass, and have a bunch of catfish in the freezer right now. I love bluegill too, but haven't caught any of those in a while.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've been wanting to go out for catfish, but I dunno what they taste like. Are they comparable to trout? I want something that I can fool myself into thinking it's something else, lol.

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Closeby creek and river fish... speckled trout (brookies), brown trout, kokanee, ("redfish" - freshwater salmon). For those who like to go out in a little boat, rather than just stand in a stream: lake trout. :p

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
I've been wanting to go out for catfish, but I dunno what they taste like. Are they comparable to trout? I want something that I can fool myself into thinking it's something else, lol.
It tastes like chicken. :p seriously...I dunno what trout tastes like :hu