Fishing!

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Trout tastes like whatever you season it with, lol. It's basically like a super, super juicy hunk of chicken.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
Trout tastes like whatever you season it with, lol. It's basically like a super, super juicy hunk of chicken.
Oh well...then it really does taste similar then :)

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I finally got some larger hooks. We were using 8's and 6's... Just about everything swallowed the darned hooks, so I finally got some of the $1.16/20 pack in size 2... They were never in stock any other time I tried to get them. Anyways, I'm hoping that this decreases the amount of injured fish that are too small to keep anyways. I still want to get a fly rod, but it's hard with not getting much "alone time" during fishing (two little kids, I'd be afraid to take them with). I have tried taking some flies out on the regular rod while in the kayak. They just so happened to be in the tacklebox, and with the rain, everything was top feeding, so I gave it a try. Unfortunately, I have no idea what flies I was using or what season they were, so that might be part of why I didn't get a single bite on them, lol.