Flip flopping BP

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Dunno what the heck is wrong with me. Had high readings several weeks back on my BP, now I'm getting consistently low readings :hu What gives? Anybody else ever experience such flip flopping BP? Wondering why...haven't really avoided salt or adjusted food to lower it. I feel yuck if it gets too high or too low, and had been doing good hitting the in between sweet spot where i feel good, but the last few days it has been lower to where i start to feel weak(?) and it's bugging me. May go lick the cows salt block :p :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Oh, and it's mainly the systolic(top number). Been hitting lower 100-110. Diastolic(bottom) has been running low to mid 60's. I THOUGHT that was supposed to be a good thing, but I feel like crap :(

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:/ Yeah, it does feel like crap.

I'm just spit balling here - I know that everyone's BP goes up and down throughout the day, but it's when it's really noticeable that we probably need to pay attention. And feeling like crap isn't a good thing.

A quick Google search led me here - http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Condi...ure/Low-Blood-Pressure_UCM_301785_Article.jsp

Maybe this can help you determine if there's an underlying cause that can be adjusted by diet (or something) or if you should make an appt with the doc.

Good luck!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Maybe I was just a little dehydrated. :hu I'm 103/65 right now, which is okay, slightly low, but I 'feel' fine. Last night and the night before when it dropped and made me feel bad, I was exhausted and it was in the same general range then, but I downed a water yesterday. I need to be drinking more water the next few days and see if that helps. I've just been so busy with everything over the course of the last week, I probably haven't been drinking enough fluids. I haven't had access to water for hours on end while working.....so hopefully that is it. I guess I'll see over the next few days before I up and decide to go spend money on a doctor ;)

Thanks a bunch Marianne!!! :hugs

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My bp is usually around 100/60. If I get even a little dehydrated I get faint and dizzy. I am usually on meds that cause dehydration so it can be a big problem for me.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Its not dangerous, but any significiant change in your BP will have a profound effect on how you feel. I can normally have 110/60, but used to regularly have 120/80 in my younger years. If you concerned, start taking hawthorn a few times a week to increase your heart's strength. Just look at your overall health and make a few good choices until things balance out. You know what to do.....heck, we all know what to do. Its to make ourselves do it, that is the trick.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:lol: Yep, that's the trick Rhoda ;) I just wondered if anyone else had this issue I guess. It's new to me, mine had been running high, and all of a sudden this happens. It's rather irritating :p I'm betting on the dehydration though. I hate drinking water :hide

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hmmm... so my my 178 over 89 isnt good? :hide i realy need to get back on my meds.

just checked mine i am at 150/104 relaxing.

when i do take my meds i feel REALY bad. and depresed.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
tortoise said:
My bp is usually around 100/60. If I get even a little dehydrated I get faint and dizzy. I am usually on meds that cause dehydration so it can be a big problem for me.
Same with me [except I am in the upper normal range]. I can boost that upper number by 40 points just by gulping down 24 ounches of water. So I cart a water bottle everywhere all day and just sip on it when I feel the need. BTW when I told my Dr. about this he wanted to take my Driver's permit. I told him that dizzyness was listed as a side effect on 3 out of the 4 meds he had me on so I said lets try dropping all the meds first. That made him drop the threat....

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my firstthought, either stress/exhuatstion or Dehydration.
my BP goes all kinds of haywire if im dehydrated