Floor loom assembly??

RockyToggRanch

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I was given a floor loom today. It was purchased at an estate auction and the buyer has never assembled it. They know nothing about looms. It was very well packed by a moving company. There are no instructions :(

I know nothing about weaving, but meantioned on FB that I want to buy sheep and learn to weave. Presto! Floor loom :)

I've found a few web diagrams of looms that are helpful..but still not enough to put the puzzle together.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to turn to figure out how to assemble this? I find no markings on it and there are a lot of parts... please?

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
You will need to take good pictures for us to help. Otherwise its the blind leading the blind :lol:

RockyToggRanch

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I was thinking I'd have to do that..let me try to lay everything out in a spare room...

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
If you are located near a yarn store, someone there might be able to provide the info.

RockyToggRanch

Power Conserver
Reaction score

Here's the first picture...sorry, it takes forever on my computer:/

I did find a label on one piece that says Harness Emmons Loom....and it's from Mass. That may only be that particular part though...

more pix to com.

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

RockyToggRanch

Power Conserver
Reaction score
2017_polish_chicks_and_new_loom_012.jpg

2017_polish_chicks_and_new_loom_013.jpg

more to come...

RockyToggRanch

Power Conserver
Reaction score
There's no yarn store or weavers guild that I know of...but I'll search it...thanks :)

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Oh Boy!
I would call your local yarn store and or spinning and weaving facilitators, and ask for help.

I googled the company name you found, and that yields nothing other then a booklet on fixing factory looms long ago.