Florezian: I found land!

Florezian

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
01. Name? Zoe
02. Gender? Female
03. Disneyworld or Disneyland? I've never really known which is which..
04. What is your favorite color? Purple
05. What is your favorite kind of gum? Fruity... Although I just got seeds which is supposed to grow into a gum tree of sorts....

06. How much do you weigh? <100
07. How tall are you? 5'2 1/2" ;)
08. Can you swim? Absolutely
09. Do you like to swim? I work on the beach, so yes!
10. Living arrangement? Hopefully getting a place with my SO that is in a more SS friendly area

11. What's on your mouse pad? my cat
12. Favorite board game? Scattegories, although browsing through Goodwill I found Zobmondo which is becoming a fast favorite.

13. Favorite magazine? Anything about horses, chicks, or plants...
14. Favorite Actor? Ryan Reynolds at the moment, not big into movies
15. Favorite Actress? Sandra Bullock, Jenifer Aniston
16. Do you have an accent? I don't think so... Though I had relatives from Kentucky tell me it was " Adorable listen' to y'all talk"
17. Favorite smells? chicken soup, cinnamon baked anything, leather, hay

18. Least favorite smells? bug spray
19. Favorite sound? Waves crashing, birds chirping, laughter, and a horse eatign a carrot
20. Do you prefer pools or oceans? Ocean!!
21. Do you watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer? never seen it
22. Pencil or pen? pencil
23. Who's better - boys or girls? Stallions and hens.
24. Would you like to own a motorcycle? SO has one, I think that counts.
25. Do you sing in the shower? All the time
26. Who's the best looking Disney character? simba, most definately
27. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? That was an insane dream
28. How many rings before you answer the phone? A lot, I try to avoid phones.
29. How do you want to die? I don't :)
30. Have you ever called a 900 number? No....

31. Gold or silver? silver
32. Would you ever go bungee-jumping? probably not
33. Do you like dressing up? on occasion
34. Would you rather be short or tall? Already short, so I embrace it
35. Do you enjoy reading? Yes
36. What book are you reading now? Fruiting plants of Florida ... See what you guys have done to me?!
37. Favorite books? I love the majority... Though lately its been a lot of reference stuff.
38. What was the last movie you saw? Super Eight
39. Favorite movies? The Lion King
40. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? I have been known to do so...
41. What is your sign? Libra
42. What are your personality traits? Neurotic, helpful, intelligent, humorous
43. What's your biggest fear? I try not to think about it ;}
44. Would you ever have cosmetic surgery? No way.
45. Future child's name? Tyberius
46. Favorite foods? macaroni and cheese
47. Chocolate or vanilla? Strawberry (Which, I was able to make all from scratch)
48. Do you like to drive fast? not at all
49. Storms - cool or scary? Cool!
50. Do you like to dance? Im horrible

51. Do you do drugs? no
52. Do you smoke? no no no
53. What do you think of people who smoke? There are much better things you could be doing with that sort of money and time, that would make you loads happier than that filthy thing you have hanging out of your mouth, polluting the air I am trying to breathe.
54. Do you drink? Occasionally
55. Favorite drink? Fresh lemonade, along with whatever happens to be added to it...

56. Do you think men and women could ever be just friends without wanting each other? Absolutely, I've always had more guy friends than girls.
57. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? I like the stem better than the head..
58. If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be? Organic farmer with a small restaurant, hiring at risk people and helping them get on their feet.

59. What's your "type"? Take a look at my BF, then create an exact opposite and you'll have it.
60. Do you bite your nails? eww, no.

61. Any siblings? Younger brother
62. What movies have you cried in? Which ones havn't I?
63. Do you believe in God? A nature god...
64. Did you ever cry over a guy/girl? I have
65. Have you ever stolen anything? Accidently....
66. Do you procrastinate? ever since I've found what I'm really passionate about.. I do it a lot less.
67. Do you believe in fate? Define fate...
68. Who's your favorite Sesame Street character? Well there is one on there trying to steal my name..
69. Do you organize your CD's? They're in a case for the most part...
70. What is your favorite kind of music? country... most stuff excluding rap.
71. What are your favorite bands/artists? Taylor Swift, P!ink, Beatles, Beach Boys,
72. What was the last CD you got? I had a friend make one up
73. MTV or VH1? VHS?......
74. Who do you admire the most? I think everyone has something worth admiring
75. Internet Boyfriends and Girlfriends? no
76. Are you single? Very much taken
77. Favorite TV show? Pawn Stars, Nurse Jackie... Not a lot of TV
78. Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads? Brunette
79. Glasses or contacts? Contacts, my glasses are out of date..
80. What color are your eyes? brown
81. What is your natural hair color? brown
82. But what color is it now? brown... oh this is getting exciting
83. Have you ever been in love? yes
84. Any pets? 1 dog, 1 cat, 2 rabbits, 3 chicks..
85. Good, decent, or poor grades? Good
86. Is the glass half empty or half full? Its over flowing, half with water and half with air :)
87. Do you type with your fingers on the right keys? yes
88. What's under your bed? Boxes, dust bunnies, and sometimes a cat
89. What is your favorite number? 16
90. Favorite sport to watch? Equestrian

I decided to make a journal because now I'm doing enough things that I feel the need to update. LOL.

It started off with tomatoes, then an herb garden. I found Kombucha (and Kefir) at a store and now I've got chicks. One Japanese white bantam, a barred rock, and an ameracauna. :p Once I head out to the store, I'll be getting some grains/beans to sprout for them. (and the rabbits?...)

Oh, and I live on the gulf coast of Florida.
This should be fun.

Florezian

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
hmmm, How do I edit the title? (Thank for the welcomes too )

Anyway.. Someone complained to the homeowners association about my mom's yard. All I have there are my brothers chiles, a pineapple plant, and some watermelon.

A lady came for inspection, and said she didn't have a problem with it.. but she would keep us posted on the verdict.

I don't get it. Why is okay for some people to herbicide their entire lawn and resod it... yet try and grow some organic stuff and all of a sudden it is a crime.

Also, my mom suggested I take an "active" women pack of vitamins.
Well that was at 5pm yesterday, and I still feel awkward today. Never again. It was like I had taken a stimulant drug, but with only the bad side effects. I was shaking, jittery, couldn't eat.. it was horrible. You would think they would mention something on the box.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Welcome :frow
To edit the title- Go to your first entry and click edit title. Then just put in whatever you want.

Those "active" vitamins are usually gonna have lots of caffeine or herbal stimulants in them to give athletes more endurance or whatever. Way too much for normal life and some of those formulas are not great for the heart or nervous system. Drinking some extra water today could help you feel back to normal.

We have some stuff in common. I'm a Libra that grew up in Fla (moved away since then) . I love your answers to 63 and 86. :)
You might look in the library for books by Tom MacCubbin. He wrote Edible Landscaping and some more on gardening in Fla. He also writes for the Orlando Sentinel garden section and works with the Extension service.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
:welcome

Isn't it amazing what people value? Perfect chemical grass- great! Organic edibles- not so much. :he

I don't think I could ever live with a homeowner's association. Unless it was with the people from this board ;)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
OK, w/our rules, you'd have to have goats, chickens and dry your clothes on the line. How's that sound? :D

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
OK, w/our rules, you'd have to have goats, chickens and dry your clothes on the line. How's that sound? :D
I wanna live there!

Wait, I already do.

Welcome!!!

And I'm with you. Those lawns are a waste of space, money, and time, and disastrous to the environment at times.

As far as "active" vitamins ... I take natural vitamins with chlorella and spirulina added that had me feeling -- well, not bad, but certainly energetic at first! I love that kind. :) The stuff they sell at convenience stores and Wal-Mart for "energy" ... Vitamins or drinks ... is ugh!!!

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:frow Welcome from central Kansas!

I don't dig homeowner's associations either. While I understand the basic concept and for some people it works well, I just have a problem with someone telling me what to do on my own land. :smack

Potagers are very pretty, flowers and veggies/herbs planted all together. Veggies don't have to be grown in rows, so maybe you can do gorilla gardening at her place.