Florezian: I found land!

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sounds like a nice place, with the convenience of your parents home in cause you need to get out of the weather!

Good luck with the ultrasound! That was 'new' technology when DS#1 was incubating, so they ended up doing several, then decided it was better to do x-rays on me! DS#2 was as stubborn during my pregnancy as he is now- refused to cooperate for the half dozen ultrasounds they did, and was in an uncooperative position when they went to do the needle-in-the-stomach thing (can't pull the name out of this dusty file cabinet I call a brain!). Both my guys ended up being unknowns until they were born! My ex SIL, back when ultrasound was new, was told she was having a boy. Well, one blue room and lots of boy clothes later, her daughter was born!! It is amazing though - I cried when DS#1 shook his head at us during his ultrasound - then immediately told them to stop because the sound waves were bugging him :lol:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I knew what both of mine were w/out an ultrasound. I tried to kid myself into believing that DS was going to be a girl, but finally resigned myself to knowing that I was going to have a son. And, w/my DD, I never had any doubt.

W/my son, they only did an ultrasound because I didn't have a clue as to when he was going to be born. (Had a problem w/my whole system, hadn't had my "friend" in months) W/my daughter, they did an ultrasound soon B4 she was born, but only because they thought there was a problem. And, I elected NOT to know what I was going to have.

Florezian

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
My last ultrasound was right before Christmas (8 weeks) so we could find out how far along I was and so we could make cards for our parents. I was afraid they would have no idea what it was a picture of though. My next one will be at 17 weeks.

It's funny you should mention having an out of whack system. I had no idea how far along I was. My last period had been 3 months prior to the positive test. I didn't think I could possibly be that far along, and sure enough I was only one month pregnant. :hu: Not quite sure how that all worked out....

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It was no fun when it was out of whack. I forget how many months I went w/no "friend". The dr was doing a pregnancy test every month B4 putting me on another med to try and jump start my system. It was April when they told me, Oh, the test came back positive. I didn't believe them until I heard the heart beat.

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Congrats on expecting... the ultrasound will be a fun surprise for SO's birthday :)

I'm due on June 27th, but my c-section is scheduled for June 20th... so you are only a few weeks behind me!