Florida

Hope Hughes

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm hoping by creating this thread for Florida will will bring more Floridians together to chat about everything and anything!!

I was born and raised in the Keys and now live in the armpit! But I will always be an Island girl!

What part of florida are you from?

Hope Hughes

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Haha ....no. just moved back to Florida from Oklahoma.. we were out there for 4 years. We were only like 20min from the Red River. Too windy and dry. And I missed the ocean way too much! But amazing Hunting out there! We will definitely miss that!

Hope Hughes

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Na, just be prepared.... and gave a " hurricane party" that's what we used to do in the keys!! Only leave if it's a 5 lol and even then we wouldnt really leave. Us island people are crazy!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You could move to NH? LOL because most Floridians like feet of snow! I can't do FL, the humidity.... I'm a wimp when it comes to heat and humidity.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Living where I do I've seen my share of hurricanes too - and don't want to see too many more (unless they get me out of work for months and months, lol!

Hope Hughes

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh I love me some snow! We usually go up to the Colorado mountains for pur anniversary, then kids came in times where we couldnt :(

Its 74° and 93% Humidity here yesterday and 88° with 60% Humidity . I walk outside and get hit with a wall of sweat!

I have never been scares of hurricanes for some reason we always walk around in them lol but they do, do their fair shair of damage. My moms house is the keys got alot of damage. We actually just repaired her roof next is the floor.

Last edited: