Food Grade Buckets.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks.

I do use the Mylar but I have to admit I do not seal them. Most of the things I use I access at least every couple weeks. So I fold and compress most times. So there could be some migration of those "plasticizer molecules".

I have plenty of Gamma Seal lids. I actually placed a bulk order a while back. I figured as I acquired my buckets I would have the lids I needed. Now I am just having a hard time getting the buckets.

I do have a friend who works at a grocery. I am going to see if she has any connections in the bakery.

Very frustrating.

g

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
If that's all it takes to be a hero, then the lids are called gamma lids, and the lids for canning jars are tattler lids. :hide

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Yeah, go to the local grocery store and hit up the bakery section for the icing buckets...

R-Lawrence

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I've found my local wal-marts don't give out frosting buckets because it's against the rules (why only here?) but Sam's bakery has never turned us down, unless they didn't have any.

I personally wouldn't use a non-food-grade for food items even with a mylar bag but I do use them for non-food things, like matches, sewing supplies and so on.

Truly love my buckets! Actually time to get more. Got lots of dehydrating we'll be doing by the end of summer and I don't want to be hunting down buckets at the last minute.

Latest posts