Food prices June 2021

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My son just bought a brand new XLT Ford dually, just above base model, for $93,000.

😳😳 Obscene!!! My mtg is way less. Couldn't buy one.

Many of the food corporations are having record profits right now. Because they raised prices because they could and tried to pass it off as inflation.

This -- accurate beyond reasonable doubt!! 😡😡😡 Between prices up and quantity down, yeah we're all getting screwed and not even a 💋 kiss! But the top line corp people are all getting huge bonuses. I hope they choke on some of the crap they're selling.

But I don't buy much of it -- so there's that. 👍 I'll continue to grow most of my food. They can keep their chemicals & high sugars, etc. 🤷. Just me being me.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It is horrible greed, shrinkflation, and corruption.

I broke down and bought a package of Wally's lunch meat. Cooked ham, water added is the legal label. $8 for 24 ounces. I don't need no stinking plastic tub with lunch meat. I just want something other than PB or tuna fish for my son and hubs. It was a treat!!

Thankfully, I bring home alot of "expired" canned goods from the fd bank. Alot goes to the chickens and the compost, and some to us. Last nite, 2 cans of canned beets from 2020. Yummy! (Fd bank has a rule that any thing older than exactly 6 months back, needs to be tossed. Chaps my hide, so I bring the discards home on my two shifts).

No wonder our applications for food bank assistance is growing every week. I had three new families just on my Monday afternoon shift.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got some outdate/close date meats from a store last week. 18# of armour bacon, 29 PKG Oscar meyer bun length hot dogs, close date -- in my freezer. Plus almost 30# of out of date meats/ hot dogs -- cats LOVE me!! Oh, cheese -- 14.5# sliced, various type, close dated & 4 pkgs philly crm ch. Cheese -- really? That stuff keeps waaay past date BUT stores cannot keep it.

Free is great. 🤣 Sometimes I get fresh produce being tossed for dates & crackers, etc. Chickens & goats adore it.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
d0fa671ec4d64d20.jpeg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️