Foodsaver Supplies?

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
So if anyone notices, I am the one that posted a couple weeks back looking for a review of the FoodSaver. Well, we were wandering yard saling yesterday, and found someone selling a foodsaver with all the instruction books (I love people that are that anal! It even included the VHS video, which we can't even watch anyway!) and it was only $10.00! I can take a chance on something that is that cheap!

So my question is where does everyone get their foodsaver parts, i.e. the bags and sealing wraps? It looks like the machine can use the jar attachments, but doesn't have the pieces with it. If it isn't too expensive I think that is something we would like to add to the machine.

Anyway, looking for advice, best practices, supplies and any other anecdotes!

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If you are near a Bass Pro Shops store, they sell the jar attachments and multi roll bags :)

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I get my bags from Walmart or Kmart but ordered the jar attachments from food saver. They have an attachment made to use on those ziplock bags too. Haven't tried that one.

rubyluise

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I would say that going for online options and IKEA stores. You will find lots of options about jar attachments food saver. I generally used zip lock bags and foil paper to wrap my food in it.

BACOG

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I get my bags from Wally World. But be aware of 1 thing. They sell 2 brands of bags - the Food Saver & the Black & Deckers. Don't buy the B&D bags. They are cheaper but hard to get a good seal.

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You mentioned that you've got a copy of the original VHS video that came with the Foodsaver, and can't run the cassette. Here's a basic Foodsaver vid from Youtube that you can watch online:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAqfrLJAUB8

Youtube has many other Foodsaver vids, some of them made about specific models of FS... I didn't know which one yours would be. But maybe this vid will help some way (or you can find others on Youtube that would be specific to your needs).

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
You guys rock!! :)

Now I've got to do some research!!

Thanks a bunch Joel, I was hoping someone would have a suggestion of how to get that info. I like being able to see more than just reading the book. :)