For horse back riders, the seven stages of falling.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I got this off of another forum, and had to share.

Stage 1: Fall off pony. Bounce. Laugh. Climb back on. Repeat.

Stage 2: Fall off horse. Run after horse, cussing. Climb back on by shimmying up horses neck. Ride until sundown.

Stage 3: Fall off horse. Use sleeve of shirt to stanch bleeding. Have friend help you get back on horse. Take two Advil and apply ice packs when you get home. Ride next day.

State 4: Fall off horse. Refuse advice to call ambulance; drive self to urgent care clinic. Entertain nursing staff with tales of previous daredevil stunts on horseback. Back to riding before cast comes off.

Stage 5: Fall off horse. Temporarily forget name of horse and name of husband. Flirt shamelessly with paramedics when they arrive. Spend week in hospital while titanium pins are screwed in place. Start riding again before doctor gives official okay.

Stage 6: Fall off horse. Fail to see any humor when hunky paramedic says, You again? Gain firsthand knowledge of advances in medical technology thanks to stint in ICU. Convince self that permanent limp isnt that noticeable. Promise husband youll give up riding. One week later purchase older, slower, shorter horse.

Stage 7: Slip off horse. Relieved when artificial joints and implanted medical devices seem unaffected. Tell husband that scrapes and bruises are due to gardening accident. Pretend you dont see husband roll his eyes and mutter as he walks away. Give apple to horse.

adoptedbyachicken

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Frighting!

I'm somewhere between stage 4 and 5. I have not made an 'unscheduled aerial dismount' in many years but last I did the #4 option.

I remember the 1, 2 and 3 days well. :lol:

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think you also tend to bounce less and less easily the older you get... I rode as a child (until I was 18), then started again at 27 years old... for some reason I don't bounce as well as I used to :)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Okay, I'm printing this and handing it to my son's riding instructor the next time she hints I might like to hop on the draft horse one of these days.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Too funny! I used to have a t-shirt that said, in upside down print "if you are reading this, please put me back on my horse". :p

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Too funny! I used to have a t-shirt that said, in upside down print "if you are reading this, please put me back on my horse". :p
I saw those too!

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
BWAHAAHAAHAA!

I have to say, I haven't hit 5, 6 or 7 yet!

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh man, that's why my mom is nervous to ride her new horse. She had him professionally broke, but the man moved before the horse was 100% finished. She wants me to ride him first the next time I visit.

I'm probably only on stage 3 because I've never broken anything by falling off a horse. Of course I don't ride much anymore either.

My mom is at the artificial joints stage. :lol: