For justin_case: method for Posting Pics

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hi, justin (and anyone else having trouble posting photos on thes site).

Here's my method. It has always worked for me. If anyone has advice to offer that will clarify, correct, or improve the method, please do post on this thread.

Go up the menu across the top of the SS home page. Look for a choice called "Uploads". Click on it. You'll get a page that, if you scroll down, has the option to browse your computer and find photos to upload. (I make sure that I've previously put the one or ones I want to upload at this time onto my desktop - easy to find.) Okay, find the one you want to upload by name, then choose it by clicking it - its name will then appear in that little window. If the picture selected is too large a file for the SS system, click the little box that says "resize image?". Okay, once you've done that, then click "Submit". That uploads the file onto a personal gallery called "All My Uploads" - which SS provides for you.

Once you have an image (or more than one) uploaded, you can place one or more images into your post. While you are writing a post, you can again click Uploads, and another tab opens in your browser, showing your image gallery. You'll see in your own gallery that there are two URLs for each of your images, listed underneath the individual image. You can copy either of these URLs (one for thumbnail, one for full-sized) and just paste it into the post you are preparing.

This will mean you then have at least two tabs open on your browser: one for the post you are writing and putting pics into, and one to see your Uploads gallery.

Before you submit your post, you may want to Preview it - and you can confirm that your pic is showing, and also make corrections or improvements... then click Submit.

That's pretty much it. It may sound complicated before you've done it once, but after that you won't likely find it very complicated.

justin_case

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks Joel, but its not working. First yes I uploaded pics, then one of my pics that I did not delete dissapeared on me after it was uploaded. I cut and paste the pic into my post from my uploads, and get a error, incorrect key file. Tried a bunch of things, but its not working

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Wonder if it wouldn't post because of the problem we were having w/the board.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Testing:

Image URL: http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/uploads/2_boat1.jpg

IMG Code:

IMG code with URL:
Code:
[img]http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/uploads/2_boat1.jpg[/img]
Result of code:

2_boat1.jpg

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's an interesting test, Nifty.

My experience was that if I placed the URL in the posting window (via copy and paste) and then highlighted the URL and clicked Img, it screwed things up. So - at least with my computer, server & browser - I stopped using the Img button. It was that simple, and I've probably posted 25 or 30 images since then.

Latest posts