Fort Knox aka The Piggy Bank we're back in business!!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Fort Knox the Piggy Bank has been completed. WHEW!!!!!!

It is 10 x 20, it has 6 cemented posts holding up 6 heavy duty pipe gate panels (I bought to corral the horses and will re-use them as soon as porky (no more name for him) goes to freezer camp. Surrounding each pipe panel is heavy duty wire fencing. I have the ability to add on as necessary. I also have the ability to cross fence the little corral if needed.

My camera is not communicating with the computer right now ( :he ) but as soon as they are over their little fit, I will post photos.

This porker of mine is like a velosal raptor on the set of Jurassic Park. He is constantly looking for a way out...testing every inch of that fence I've got my eye on him and if he dares to escape this Fort Knox Piggy Bank, we are having a Hawiian luau tomorrow. :barnie

BTW I have a way to string hot wire around the inside of his home if I have to. :fl I really didn't want to do that, but I suppose I will if I have to. :rolleyes: The power goes out here often during windy days, so I don't want to have to rely on electric fencing to keep him locked up.

Photos to come soon. I already took them, just waiting for the computer to behave.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
It was getting dark but I managed to snap a few photos of the little devil.

912_this_little_piggy_080.jpg

He is NOT happy with me!

912_this_little_piggy_081.jpg

And I thought I'd share one (that is just so durn cute) of him while he was still enjoying his freedom. My daughter was outside reading her magizine and all the animals had to join her of course. :lol:

(Porky was sitting down just enjoying himself...always with an air of entitlement. :rolleyes: )

912_this_little_piggy_073.jpg

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
ohmigosh this is GREAT!!!

excellent work! yay you!!! whoooot~!

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Excellent! I don't know nuthin 'bout raisin' a piggie, but that looks first rate indeed. :D

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Isn't it funny how something so darn cute can be so destructive? DH said "He'll walk that fence and try to root out of there" this was in response to my "Will we need to do that too? " question..... so not that it matters, but you got the :thumbsup from this end on Fort Knox!!!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
and remember... electric fence is heaven sent......it works!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Yup bare feet, that was yesterday. I feel so bad for you guys buried in snow that I didn't mention what a wonderful weekend it has been over here. :hide

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
The puget sound area of WA is known for its year round mild temp, even though we are way up here. Its called maritime weather.