forum makers

Swede

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
If you really want to run your own, look at forums for sale. You can pick one up here and there for a reasonable price and it will save you that start-up hassle. I found a site some months ago where you can bid on forums and sites for sale. Do some googling :)

Okay thanks sumi!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't do Facebook either, although will probably get a farm page going at some point. @crealbilly there is some good info on BYC about heritage turkeys (but I don't like it over there so I'm not recommending it necessarily). Have you seen the Storey's Guide books? The one I have on poultry is prtty good, and there is one on turkeys. The guy who wrote the poultry one is from Sandhill Preservation and he really knows his turkeys. I haven't found any good forums but at least I have found some (although minimal) information!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Best to start a blog on it and gather good information on your blog site and then transition to a forum if you get a big enough following. If your blog is good enough, they will come. Takes hard work and lots of years and lots of patience, but that's how it's generally done.

No real shortcuts to that unless you buy a forum already established, as was mentioned...but then you have to ask yourself why they are selling? Usually because it's not worth their while due to lack of traffic or they aren't making the money on it they had originally planned.

Latest posts