Found an end of the year yard sale!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Spent $4.50 and left with probably close to $100 worth of goodies!!

Everything was for my daughter, but she was ecstatic with what she got.

A pair of Heely's (a shoe?!) that look NEW
some special "training" undergarments
Brand New hair things
Two like new sweaters!

All for $4.50!! The heely's I was told are like a $40 pair of shoes, but we only paid $1.50!! I am so glad I asked my husband to stop at that yardsale!!

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Lucky you!! I love yard sales. I stopped at one on Friday and found losts of good stuff too!!

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We stopped at a few this morning and ended up with a CuisineArt ice cream maker ($5), cute purse ($.25), monogrammed smock for our niece ($.25), Brand new Monogrammed Pillowcases ($.25).

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I work the farmers markets every saturday so I miss out on most yard sales. Did go a few weeks ago when I wanted a saturday off, and ours were not great. Seems people are holding onto their things more than selling them???? hmm...or I hit just a bad day..HA HA

you did great!!!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I've noticed that folks don't sell as cheaply at yard sales than they used to do. I've often wondered if they really want to get rid of this stuff? Or do they think their stuff is just worth more than other yard sale stuff? Or are they just trying to make an extra buck? I've noticed that it is the more wealthy people who sell their stuff for much more than it should be in a yard sale venue...go figure! They obviously don't need the money! :/

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL--alot of those seemingly wealthy people selling their items, who knows their finanical situation. More of the "wealthy" looking people are the ones up to their eyeballs in debt... :)

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Congratulations are your find.
Just looked at what heelys are online. They are about 50-60$ so you got a great deal.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Yea I have had the same problem around us, people charging high prices for their yard sale items. My hubby once told a lady "I'll buy it new before I pay YOU that much." She wasn't happy at all!

I have found some pretty good deals this year though. I was pregnant all summer with baby number 5, well by the time you get to kid #5 you can't afford brand new!

Earlier this summer we found a sale where the baby clothes were 10 for $1..so I got several new born outfits that looked nearly brand new for my son.

A couple weeks ago we found a sale that had two bouncers that looked brand new, with batteries, one for a boy, one for a girl. She said $2 each for the bouncers so we bought both and gave the girly one to my brother since they are having a girl next month. Also got dresses, BRAND NEW dresses for their baby at the same yard sale for 25 cents each!! :th

Another sale my husband found tools MADE IN THE USA tools for $1 each! He bought $13 dollars worth of wrenches, screwdrivers, etc. He said no way he could have got them for that new! They needed cleaned up, but they sure cleaned up nice and look brand new now!

I am really picky about the yard sales, won't pay more than I think something is worth, and if they don't come down on the cost, I leave.

Worst thing was, Hubby could have had a brand new two room tent at one yard sale for $5!! He didn't get it because he thought I might be upset if he paid $5...IT WAS A $50 TENT!! :smack UGH!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Has anyone ever attended that "like 100 mile long" yard sale that is along a major highway or something.......not sure about it but read about it a long, long time ago and often wondered.

just curious if anyone has heard of it????