Found help for Shingles

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It was pretty sad to read about the number of people who had used medications/creams prescribed for their shingles outbreak, to no avail. I'm sure it all has helped tons of people ...but.... I'll pass on it while I can.
This outbreak of shingles is long over now. I kept up the lysine and Vit B complex three times a day, ACV on affected skin. It really didn't take long to clear up after I started this treatment, maybe three days? Lots of relief after one day. I'm sold.

and I'm usually not a 'ACV cures everything' type of person. But I'm finding more uses for it as time marches on. :)

PacasNChicks

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I have a friend who got Shingles and she is a nut about doing research on the computer and she told me that when the Drs started giving kids a chicken pox shot, the percentage of people getting shingles, rose dramatically. Everyone who has had chicken pox has the virus which could bring shingles on ... she told me, to find someone's child who has chicken pox and get exposed again which would keep the shingles virus in check. this was a nut shell version of her research on the net!

but, in the event I can't find someone ... thanks for that info!!! I will pass it along to Marsha, also

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
After reading Boogity's description of the shingles that never did break out in a rash, I am thinking maybe that's what I had about a month ago. It was on my shoulder and across my upper back/neck. It felt like bee stings or hot pokers, especially when my clothing would touch it. Getting the B-12 shot from my Chiro must have been what I needed; no more of that pain after a few days. That would have been my third outbreak of Shingles. I know it is sometimes brought on by stress, and I've had plenty of that lately!

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
so lucky said:
After reading Boogity's description of the shingles that never did break out in a rash, I am thinking maybe that's what I had about a month ago. It was on my shoulder and across my upper back/neck. It felt like bee stings or hot pokers, especially when my clothing would touch it. Getting the B-12 shot from my Chiro must have been what I needed; no more of that pain after a few days. That would have been my third outbreak of Shingles. I know it is sometimes brought on by stress, and I've had plenty of that lately!
Third? Craaaaap. For some reason I thought you could only get it twice..wonder where I heard that?

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I believe I was on earthclinic.com and read that Licorice root extract does wonders for shingles.