Found money for this frugal family

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
That article reminded me of my mother. Back in 2003, my mom had a severe stroke and it required we sell her home of over 50 years and place her in a nursing home. She was always a "go-getter" and always on the move, out helping the neighbors with anything that needed done,charity work, or just plain cheering people up. When the stroke immobilized her, one of her biggest thrills, was to have us take her around the nursing home parking lot in her wheelchair, and "find" lost money for her to donate. Of course all three of us kids would plant change around the parking lot so she always had a successful hunt.;)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
for me right now I can't donate found money right now.....I need it all to pay bills. With Tony's work screwing around my weekly money is not what it should be and I am scrounging. I gotta get control.

I like to give things vs. money. I donate tons of food and such from the farm. Give whatever I can that I have and would like to pass on to goodwill etc.

Money is always tight for me. I wish it wasn't but it is.....I need more budget control. But giving time and stuff to help others is cool in my book....LOL

great story though!!!!