Fowl

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Tis the season! I too love your broody setup. I need to revamp my laying setup in my coop to accommodate more birds and also broody setups in place such as you have. except I'll be placing my broodies at floor level. I'll still have outside access but the slip on pens will be supported by the floor and will have no bottoms so I can utilize the DL already in place.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I discovered by accident... That when I solved my mouse problem. I also solved my snake problem. Black snakes are good ones, but not if they are eating chicks. I don't miss Gerald or Gerald reincarnated either, it's so nice not having mice.

Yep, storing a lot of feed right now, so put out some poison today to take care of our snake attractants.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
We have a neighbor that is 6'7" and over 300 pounds, BIG man. Scared to death of all reptiles. Utterly terrified of snakes. snicker, giggle...….

My bear of a son is scared of spiders and snakes....not terrified, mind you, but he definitely hates them with a passion and gets the heebie jeebies at the thought of them crawling on him while he's sleeping.