FREE Entertainment

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
BarredBuff said:
Im sure everyone has heard of the cat and the mouse story. BUT what about the sequel "The Free Range Chickens and The Dead Mouse". Thats funny!! They play tag with it and then eat it......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
oh, oh, oh, I forgot one that gets better, "The Free Range Chickens and the Mouse Nest full of babies that the Terrier dug out" . Imagine 5 individual sets of hens chasing each other around while being watched by a very confused dog!!!
I have witnessed one of those...massacre!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Ive also had "The mean Cat and the Blue Tailed Lizards of KY".......then its sequel is The Chicken and The Tail. :lol:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I would love to have someone who doesn't know my chickens go in to feed them while I watched. I have a feeling that w/the reception that Wanda gives, it would be most entertaining! Yesterday, she flew up to me, and landed in my arms. Today, she waited until I go to the food bowl, then jumped on my shoulder, then back when I bent over. Of course, when I stood up, she fell off.

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
I have a mess of kids. The two 8 year olds and 10 year old are fun to listen to. They say the darndest things you know. I love hearing the older 8 year old explain stuff to the other. She is from different bio parents than him and has about 30 IQ points on him. He always defers to her when it comes to questions about all the important things in life.

They crack me up.

Animals are always fun to watch. We have a 20 year old Percheron mare a 6 year old Appaloosa mare and a 2 year old filly that is born of the Appaloosa and a warm blood with Frisian and Paint. The Percheron foaled the day after the Appaloosa 2 years ago. We sold her filly for a very tidy sum. It was crossed with a champion Frisian and was gorgeous. The Perch adopted the filly that was left and both mares kept it fed.

The Perch has always been a very strong Alpha Mare. She has given her title to this filly. When they are eating the filly runs the 2 mares off. How does that happen? It's funny to watch a 2 year old brat running off a 2000 lb Perch that stands 16+ hands. Horses are fun to watch when they aren't just stuffing their face or sleeping.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
RU used to have a mini stud. He was hilarious to watch! He ran w/the big horses, even the mares. And, he'd try, but was never able to get the job done. He'd try all kinds of angles, back, side, whatever. The mares would eventually get tired, and walk off. What was really funny to watch was when he'd chase her Belgian gelding around! :lol:

CJW

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My two boys are quite entertaining, but outside of them, I would have to say Chickelodeon (My Pullets) and Chick Jr. (The 2 month olds) are my main freebies right now.

I put a cabbage pinata in the coop since they have been cooped up because of the cold. The Ladies had a field day, and they kept trying to find hiding spaces!

Then the baby girls (and a baby ROO!) had shredded cabbage and watching them run around with pieces in their mouths, not being able to see where they were, running into things. Oh my. What a hoot!