Free-For-All Seed Swap...Packages Going Out Today!!!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
1. Entry deadline is May 21st, 2012.

2. IF YOU DO NOT SEND A BUBBLE ENVELOPE YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE ONE IN RETURN, this is the only way anyone will not get one back. I'm the hostess but will also be swapping with you.

3. Each person is to send 6 packets of seeds. Be creative and have fun!! Seeds can be home grown, bought or store bought but must be from last year or present, nothing older. Seeds can be herbs, flowers, fruits (berries/trees), vegetables, grains, etc. Send all 6 packets of the same kind or 6 different packets of seeds your choice.

3a. Seed Amount: I figure we'll do a minimum of 3 - 4 larger seeds per packet (ie:pumpkin, melon, gourd, etc) and a minimum of a pinch for teeny, tiny seeds. If that works for everyone?
But you can include more seeds per packet, if you have the extra and want to.

4. Put your Sufficient Self name on your seed packets so i don't send you the same ones back. Make sure you put common names on them, color ect so we know what the seeds are.

5. After I get all the bubble envelopes in, I will swap everyones stuff around. This means you will each recieve 6 different seed packets back.

6. Sign up below now and I'll update this as needed with who is in.

7. BE's are self addressed stamped bubble envelopes, please use 4 x 6" size approx. this is to protect your goodies, include a return label and return postage in stamps or money so i can send you your be's back in same envelopes. If postage is not included it will not be sent back until I recieve it. Send for postage what it costs to ship your be's plus a stamp to make sure it covers it. Once everyone is signed up I'll pm everyone my address to ship their seeds too. If I missed anything please ask.

8. Please include in your envelope a note with things you are wanting and anything you don't want or you can post it here. I'm not going to guarantee 100% satisfaction, but I'll try to meet your requests.

~~~Deadlines:

*May 31st to mail your seeds to me. Early shipping is fine.

*I will begin mailing back your seeds beginning the week of June 7th, or earlier if all the seeds get here early.

If you have any questions or can think of anything I may have forgotten about, post here or PM me. This is my first time hosting a swap so don't be shy about better ideas, packet numbers, etc... ;)

I'll edit this post as members sign up and will PM you my mailing address.

***Participants***

smackiesmommy---recieved seeds 5/26
Wannabefree-------recieved seeds 6/1
Dawn419
Barefootmomma.....recieved seeds 6/4

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Consider me In!

Is there a specific gram weight for seed packets of "home grown"

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
pinkfox said:
Is there a specific gram weight for seed packets of "home grown"
Good question! ;)

Not going to wory about weight. I figure we'll do a minimum of 3 - 4 larger seeds per packet (ie:pumpkin, melon, gourd, etc) and a minimum of a pinch for teeny, tiny seeds. If that works for everyone?

But you can include more seeds per packet, if you have the extra. ;)

Thanks for joining and PM's heading your way! :hugs

Edited to add: My keyboard is acting wonky and I think it's about to die so if I don't get back to this thread it's because I'm waiting on honey to get home with his laptop. It's my own fault...I've been holding out on getting a new one and he's been pushing it and I don't like getting pushed! :barnie

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had a thought (I can hear doc saying, "hold on to it, it's a rare thing" :gig ) while I was working outside today! :D

Since we'll be up at Bakers Creek Heirlooms on Monday for the Planting Festival, why don't those of you who have signed up for the swap check out their on-line seed catalog and each pick out 1 type of seed you'd like to try. :D

Once you've picked a choice, either post it here or PM me by Sunday night as we'll be leaving out early on Monday and I won't be logging on until Monday night, if I'm not too tired. :D

Is it MONDAY, yet??? :celebrate

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
OH!!! I like those bright red pimento peppers...I forget what they're called. I'll have to get my catalog and see...... :D

Latest posts