Freezer recipes and Ideas.

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have hunt and pecked looking for something along these lines here and nothing. :caf

I am determened to stock my freezer with meals that my family can pull out, cook and eat. No fuss no muss. I would like to post recipes too, if anyone would like to participate please share.

One I love...

1 can sweetend condensed milk
6 TB key lime juice
1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
1 grahm cracker crust
Additional whip cream for the topping

Combine milk and lime juice in large bowl. Fold a fourth of the whipped cream in. Then the remaining. Spoon into crust. Cover and freeze overnight. Or can be frozen for up to 3 months.

Cant beat that for easy. :ya

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I don't remember seeing one. But....I also don't remember what I ate for dinner last night. LOL

Why not just change the name on this one and make this it.

I don't make freezer meals often. I use to when my children were small. I started out with cooking on Saturdays and Sundays and then packaging my own homemade meals. So I do not have recipes. I would just cook and pack as individual meals.

Edited to add: You might want to ask for it to be moved to the recipe section

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks. I appreciate your help. :weee

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
wanted to share a recipe for homemade crescent rolls.

3 teaspoons active dry yeast
2 cups of warm water
1/2 cup softened butter
2/3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
2 eggs
1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
6 to 6 and 1/2 cups all-porpose flour.

In a large bowl dissolve yeast in the warm water. Add the butter, milk powder, sugar, potato flakes, eggs, salt and 3 cups flour. Beat til smooth. Stilr enough remaining flour to form firm dough.

Turn onto a heavily floured surface: knewad 8-10 times. Divide dough in half. Roll each portion into a 12 in. circle" cut each circle in to 16 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends and place point side down on waxed paper- lined baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescents.

Cover and freeze, When firm, transfer to large freezer bags. May be frozen 4 weeks.

Cook: Arrange frozen rolls 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Cover and thaw inthe fridge overnite.

Let rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 mins until golden brown.

This just sounds yummy. and easy

Making this one tomorrow.

Also bought a bunch of aluminum pans from the dollar store for the freezer.

I'm ready. :weee

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I like to make extra big batches of soup and freeze in small portions. I have veggies soup and black bean soup frozen now. I don't have alot of extra freezer room because of the meat we keep. Sometimes I'll cook up extra beans too.

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I thought I'd boil and shred a few chickens, then freeze the meat and the broth. That's useful for a million recipes.

I learned the hard way to never freeze potatoes. :sick

Hadn't even thought about freezing beans. HOw do you do it?

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beans - I just cook them and freeze them in containers in 2 cup portions. I figure if I'm going to take a whole day to cook beans I may as well cook a bunch because I really don't like to cook beans :p. They come out of the freezer just fine.

Great idea on the chickens!

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hmmm. Coool beans. I could throw those in with other recipes and not have to use the canned ones. I have just the containers too. Nice. I just added that to my list of stuff to cook tomorrow.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Meatballs, meatloaf, lasagna (not fully baked, just assembled with pre-cooked pasta), hamburger patties, spaghetti sauce and a bunch of other recipes can be frozen as is. You can also freeze the filling for stuffed peppers, mushrooms or tomatoes. Then just defrost & stuff your fresh produce. Quiche is also pretty good premade & frozen.

I like to freeze meatballs & patties on a cookie sheet, then put them in a container. Individually frozen!

Brown rice freezes well & doesn't cook down to mush if you are careful to not overcook it the first time around.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I pretty much freeze almost anything. I have some lidded 2 and 3 section containers for food storage and if I have prepared a meal and seem to have an extra serving or 2 of each dish, I make my own little tv dinners, so in the days to come, either my husband or I can transport them to work.
I usually always cook beans 3 Lbs at a time, so I can make better use of the gas I'm burning and I freeze most of it and use in the weeks to come as a side dish. Same if I make chili.

Latest posts