Front Walkway (PIX)

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That is beautiful!
If you get bored and would like to work that magic in another part of the country, my place is available!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
I was wondering what that surface was. I bet that holds up well. I had a walkway that was stones with moss between and it was annoying that I had to weed my walkway.
This stuff is great!! I love it! But, it is HOT on barefeet in the summertime! I loved the way the dichondra was so cool to walk on in my bare feet!! But, the water bill was killing me.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What a lovely way to approach your home!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
My other problem with the walk with pavers was we would step on bees. Did you have that problem too? I decided if I did another path such as the one I had (which was much like your photo right before the astroturf one), I would lay a solid piece of cement made to LOOK like pavers.

I have a path I need to cover with something and this gave me a GREAT idea of how to deal with it, thank you so much for posting your photos. I love how this forum helps us spark ideas off one another.

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
My other problem with the walk with pavers was we would step on bees. Did you have that problem too? I decided if I did another path such as the one I had (which was much like your photo right before the astroturf one), I would lay a solid piece of cement made to LOOK like pavers.

I have a path I need to cover with something and this gave me a GREAT idea of how to deal with it, thank you so much for posting your photos. I love how this forum helps us spark ideas off one another.
Unfortunately, we don't have many bees around here. And the one's we do have are most likely "Africanized." The oher day my husband attracted some bees in the carport using Lemon Pledge on his Harley!! He accidently put his hand down on one, that had landed on the motorcycle seat, and he didn't see it. He got lightly stung, the stinger stayed in the bee. The next morning he found a dead bee with a bent stinger on the carport!
bee_1.gif

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Well I'm allergic to bees so it was rather an issue for me.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
Well I'm allergic to bees so it was rather an issue for me.
I can see where it would be! Just curious, who gets stung the most in your family, you or someone else. I'm the one that's allergic, and I'm the one that seems to get stung, no matter how careful I am about looking for bees at this time of year. I'm not as bad as I used to be, and the last 2 times I got stung, I didn't need to go to the ER. (I get shots every month) But, I do carry (or am supposed to carry) an epipen w/me for just in case.