Frontier House?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Why don't WE ever get picked to be on one of those shows? They always pick some complete doofus that gives everyone else doing that a bad name...sort of like the psycho prepper families, or the one with tons of kids, and all the other reality shows that depict people that want to live different from the mainstream as total crazies.

You'll have to tell me how the show goes as I don't have TV.... :)

ThrottleJockey

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Why don't WE ever get picked to be on one of those shows? They always pick some complete doofus that gives everyone else doing that a bad name...sort of like the psycho prepper families, or the one with tons of kids, and all the other reality shows that depict people that want to live different from the mainstream as total crazies.

You'll have to tell me how the show goes as I don't have TV.... :)
I don't have TV either, but I'll give you a website that you can watch EVERYTHING on through your computer. Sometimes you will even find movies there before they hit the theater and nearly EVERY TV show is there within an hour or two after it airs.
http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That sounds a lot like PBS's Frontier House, filmed in 2001. I have the dvd set. Have to agree with Bee. I'd have done better than most of those people. They should have another one and choose some of us on this forum........well except that I'm not anxious to leave my place and forget my life, but I'd have done better than 2 of the families for sure.

Cindlady2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Let's face it, they pick ones for entertainment value, not real skills. Ratings are the networks value!

Avalon1984

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well well Redhen, fancy seeing you over here! :p

GulfStar

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I agree that they look more for "characters" then worrying about the peoples competency. Also, you can't forget that the producers heavily edit and rearrange footage and audio to get the drama they need to keep the audience interested.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It wasn't exactly fair. They couldn't hunt. I guess it had to be politically correct, as well as entertaining. As if people on the frontier didn't hunt, when they got a chance. I really did like the program, but there was a lotta stupidity in it.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just read the episode guide on each episode and this is the PBS show Frontier house. It was okay. They went in cold and didn't die. they were lucky.