Frugal Alternative Cat Litter

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
This one is mostly an outside cat. I think that's why his excrement reeks so horribly. Diet. He hunts.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We have had cats that would go outside and didn't have to worry about the litterbox but there are times when people must keep them in. If I have a choice I would rather have them go outside though.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My mom has indoor cats and one has smelly issues, so gross.

I don't do cats. I'm mildly allergic, and that's my excuse when my daughter asks for a kitten. But I really just don't like them and I don't do litterboxes. Bad mom here, lol

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
"Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat,
What are they feeding you?
Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat
It's not your fault":cool:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Of course, you could always potty train the cat. I've heard of people doing that, and even a few dogs. Then the problem is eliminated.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Outside cats potty for free. I've had outside cats that visited indoors but never went indoors...would wait by the door to be let out to go potty.

I'm not sure why folks won't use the composted litter on the garden...when it's composted, it no longer has the same components it did previously that would cause any issues. Just like any other poo and pee, be it human or animal, when it's composted fully it's safe for use on anything.

I don't worry about such things at all...my cats use my garden for their litter box and always have.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That reminds me of the time the cat got in the garden and decided to climb our fence which we had electrified. The poor kitty was on it like the Garfield cat you see on car windows and couldn't let go. I had to run and turn off the electric. The poor cat laid around for two days and never did go in the garden again.