Frugal hits Yahoo

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
My home page on my computer is Yahoo. And this morning they had an article on SAVING money.
Things like grow your own food, and make a budget - but still, quite a bit of progress.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my homepage is ATT and right now they want me to buy sapphire and diamond rings...HA HA HA....mainly ads for purchases. They tell the main news happening but not much about being frugal.

Funny thing is the garden supply company business will be booming I guess..HA HA HA

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Last year the pieces on saving were how to find that $500 purse for $200. So many people so out of touch- now they are being worried into some thought about it anyway.
I can't help but think that even the least bit of self-sufficiency makes better citizens. Now if politicians could be made to notice.............

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
full force slap to the chops?
think that would work on the politicans.

see they have tons of money....lol...they sure don't feel it in the wallet that much. lucky devils..LOL

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Mine is Comcast and they want to put me on a diet. :rolleyes:

I've also noticed a few commercials geared to "not keeping up with the Jones'" & "enjoy the simple things"

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
full force slap to the chops?
think that would work on the politicans.

see they have tons of money....lol...they sure don't feel it in the wallet that much. lucky devils..LOL
We massage therapists call that tapotement to the masseter, right, Bee? Or the temporalis, or the sub-occipitals.....all works quite well! :lol:

(btw, tapotement is that massage stroke you've seen on tv when the trainer is whacking the fighter in the back room, hard and fast, with his fists or sides of his hands. Masseter=jaw muscle, temporalis=muscle on the temple, sub-occipitals=back of the head near the neck.....all aka: smack upside the haid!!! :smack )

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
yep, free! On a side note, I got to do that to a fighter once and he won his bout! :D I felt like I was in the movies! :p

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
(btw, tapotement is that massage stroke you've seen on tv when the trainer is whacking the fighter in the back room, hard and fast, with his fists or sides of his hands. Masseter=jaw muscle, temporalis=muscle on the temple, sub-occipitals=back of the head near the neck.....all aka: smack upside the haid!!!
:lol: you guys crack me up.

The scary thing about the above latin? I understood all of it :idunno

I have been getting some ads that lean more towards self sufficiency also. But when my stupid AIM takes over, all I get is trash talk ads about who is doing this and that in the celebrity world. The whole website is geared towards tearing people down, or someone else's business that shouldn't be anyone's business. I keep forgetting to ask DH to change my browser settings back to yahoo.