Frugality or 7 deadly sins?

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Frugality or 7 deadly sins?

Had a Asian restaurant called August Moon open up next to Lowe's, so last week I stopped in and checked it out, really nice looking buffet for $5.99 or $6.99 to go. I was worried about the container being a little small but later found out after getting home and eating far more than I should of in one sitting that there was in fact enough left for a second meal. I weighted the box beforehand because it felt heavy and was 2lbs 9oz.

Today I decided to try it again and got there just after opening at 11am, before all the pigs show up. Grabbed my container and stealthfully went to work. The key is to work it like a tetris game, getting the items to interlock forming a dense layer upon layer. You have to circle the buffet while looking for the perfect sized morsel to fit between any air gaps, crystal chicken fills the voids of mongolian beef and general tso with pepper steak.

Once I got above the edges of the container I used honey chicken to build a retaining wall then filled with fire cracker chicken topped off with dragon's flame chicken, closed the container and squeezed tightly which made enough room for a fillet of sole capping. This was indeed a masterpiece weighing in at 3 pounds 7 ounces.

After waking up from my nap with more than half left over for dinner I kinda felt bad about what I had done - I made a list of the capital sins and how all were broke.

Envy - an insatiable desire for what others had on their plate.

Gluttony - over indulgence of the monkey on a stick entre.

Greed - excessive pursuit of the meats without regard.

Lust - lack of control for my desired lunch (and the blond hostess).

Pride - boasting of my deed in a narcissistic way.

Sloth - utter and complete laziness after devouring my ill gotten feast.

Wrath - uncontrolled anger for the person that snatched the last piece of sweet & sour pork.

Or was I just being thrifty?

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Sin schmin. It's only food. It comes and goes.

For the record, no, you were not being thrifty. You drove to a restaurant, loaded up on cheap soy and MSG laced food that came from who knows where, cooked by Mr.ItsOnlyGerms, and came home and ate it.

Did you share some with your mutts?

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I was worried about the container being a little small but later found out after getting home and eating far more than I should

Today I decided to try it again and got there just after opening at 11am, before all the PIGS SHOW UP.

come again........................................

read again.........................................

HAHAHA

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
xpc said:
Envy - an insatiable desire for what others had on their plate.

Gluttony - over indulgence of the monkey on a stick entre.

Greed - excessive pursuit of the meats without regard.

Lust - lack of control for my desired lunch (and the blond hostess).

Pride - boasting of my deed in a narcissistic way.

Sloth - utter and complete laziness after devouring my ill gotten feast.

Wrath - uncontrolled anger for the person that snatched the last piece of sweet & sour pork.

Or was I just being thrifty?
I think we need to see a picture of the blond hostess......... :D :D :D

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
I think we need to see a picture of the blond hostess.......
oh skr8pn.... i think you just hit #4

hee hee hee

well, xpc, seein' as how you confessed and all... are you goin' back tomorrow?

;-)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
and suddenly I find myself hungry for chicken on a stick ........

:hide and pray it really is chicken........

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
Sin schmin. It's only food. It comes and goes.
For the record, no, you were not being thrifty. You drove to a restaurant, loaded up on cheap soy and MSG laced food that came from who knows where, cooked by Mr.ItsOnlyGerms, and came home and ate it.
Did you share some with your mutts?
I am not quite as cavalier with my food as you.

Most restaurants get their foods from a source like SysCo, 90% of all young American adults owe their life to that company.

I don't buy into the whole MSG debate with Asian foods or that they leave you hungry, 9 hours after having my lunch and 2 naps later I am still so full that my chocolate dream cake doesn't look appetizing yet. Americans use MSG quite a bit too mostly buying in the salt form called "Accent".

If by soy you mean in the curd form it will never knowingly pass my lips, if as in the sauce then that is fine with me. I especially liked it when it was fermented with whole fish.

I only go to town once every few months and then only if I have an implicit need as in Lowe's for building supplies, the restaurant is next door and can not buy the quality of lean chicken beef or pork that they have for the $2 a pound I paid already deliciously prepared. I normally don't eat out as it goes beyond my $3 a day food budget, but if I were to make up fried rice before hand I could get 4 full days of meals for only $8. Since I only get the stir fried meats it should freeze well so i can enjoy it over a longer time.

The entire female wait staff were all quite gorgeous and clean enough to eat as they all attend the local dental hygienist school. The owners and cooks were also very dapper and wore pristine white clothes as they also owned the Chinese laundry next door. That may be conjecture but it makes the story flow.

My dog-faced boys did not get one crumble unless it tumbled past my chin onto the floor, I consider my lap an extension of my plate and is still all mines though sometimes I have to battle for it.

Latest posts