Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hope to remain an "Amazon woman" for several more years!! ;) :lol:

Haven't gone to 24/7 hay for everyone yet but supplementing some groups. Plan to check the fields today for forage available still. Plan to use a couple rounds in fields this year....have under cover for to be dinning rooms. 😁 will save me some time, maybe $$. Depends on hay in that form. If not good, I'll use bale's and hay feeders. Can still load several at a time with that. :idunno easier for me to handle, too.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! I finally unloaded the dishwasher this morning. BJs OCD stated that I didn’t load/unload it correctly. Huh? Ok so I abdicated my dishwasher throne and let him have at it. The residual effects of that are that I fill both sinks with dirty dishes and run out of coffee mugs before I break down and unload/reload the dishwasher. I see the solution to this problem. I NEED MORE COFFEE MUGS.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Worked some more on the raised beds today. The goats and pigs are loving the weeds. Found that Raine and/or Karma have been busy over there because there was a nice, very dead rat in the weeds. 🤢

I washed the winter coats a few days ago and found the Scotchgard to give them a fresh spritz of water repellant.

I needed to put some lights on the quail to hopefully jump start their egg laying. They should have been laying already, but they're under a shed and not getting much light this time of year. I even got the timer set up all by myself, lol. I'm just adding a couple hours of extra light at the end of the day. Fingers crossed that it works. :fl I don't like to feed non-producers. I'd rather they feed me!

DH is getting stronger. He's taken back the chore of dog-feeding. Yay! Anything he can do, no matter how big or small, is a huge help to me. It's one less thing that I have to do and gives me a few extra minutes to take care of something else.

Going to my son's tomorrow for an early T'giving get together. They kind of sprung it on me so I've gotta scramble to get together some non-carby side dishes for DH. We always have non-carby food here, but I've gotta make something that'll work for a crowd. Think I'll take a green bean casserole. It's not the one with the french fried onions on top but it does have a Ritz cracker topping. I won't use very many of the crackers just to keep the carb count lower. Might toss some carrots in the oven to roast with some balsamic vinegar. Sounds good enough. Almost forgot the deviled eggs. I'm always in charge of those.

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad to hear DH improvement. As we know, even a little bit of "can do" seems to promote more. He'll get his strength back before long.

Well, a big old early Thanksgiving meal sounds good to me right now! Hungry because I haven't had breakfast....guzzling coffee after feeding in the cold! Yes we have cold!! And frost. Crap🙄.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad to hear DH improvement. As we know, even a little bit of "can do" seems to promote more. He'll get his strength back before long.

Well, a big old early Thanksgiving meal sounds good to me right now! Hungry because I haven't had breakfast....guzzling coffee after feeding in the cold! Yes we have cold!! And frost. Crap🙄.
Even walking to the mailbox and taking the trash out are a big help to me - mainly because I forget to do both, lol. It's really helping his mental health too - his mood is much better. I don't think men handle feeling 'helpless' very well.

I'm hungry too, need to find a light breakfast and save most of my appetite for later!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Even walking to the mailbox and taking the trash out are a big help to me - mainly because I forget to do both, lol. It's really helping his mental health too - his mood is much better. I don't think men handle feeling 'helpless' very well.

of course not! we're trained to be useful and when we're not ... might as well dig a hole and push us in. i know it is our society and social conditioning but it is very hard to go against those.

glad he is feeling better. :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Sad that equity and societal expectations has improved for women, but men and boys got left behind. Being a man/boy in Millenial or Gen Z doesnt seem like a good place to be. Men are judged by economic stability, unfair to Millenial generation which holds less wealth than any other - even less than Gen Z. 😲 Men with eating disorders, mental health challenges, male victims of domestic violence... they're invisible. Thats not right. ☹

I'm over here with two sons. The younger is trying to be "tough like a girl". Adorable, but wow. Things have changed. I'm thankful its better for girls, but we cant leave our boys behind.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
of course not! we're trained to be useful and when we're not ... might as well dig a hole and push us in. i know it is our society and social conditioning but it is very hard to go against those.

Sad that equity and societal expectations has improved for women, but men and boys got left behind.
Ya'll are right and it shouldn't be that way.

He was so down when he first got out of the hospital that I was worried about where his head was. He asked for a referral for a psych consult thinking maybe he needed some talk therapy or anti-depressant/anti-anxety meds or all of the above. When they finally got around to calling earlier this week to schedule him he said 'no thanks' don't feel like I need it anymore.

Oh - forgot to say that he likes to go outside for a while everyday and just soaks up some sunlight. Feel pretty sure that has done a whole lot for him too.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh - forgot to say that he likes to go outside for a while everyday and just soaks up some sunlight. Feel pretty sure that has done a whole lot for him too.

it is low vit-D season so any chance to soak up some sunlight should help there too. vit-D is not very well studied or fortified and many people are low through the winter season.