Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So what kind are they?
It's top secret! If I told you, I'd have to.... :hide

These goats are very unique. There's nothing like 'em anywhere. They have been custom blended to my specifications. They are KiNubPygko's. :lol:

(Geeze - what am I gonna call them when I have to work "myotonic" into the breed description???)

Full disclosure - they are mutts! But - they're my mutts! A unique blend of Pygmy, Nubian, (Kinder), and Kiko. I really am trying to create the perfect goat for ME.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's top secret! If I told you, I'd have to.... :hide

These goats are very unique. There's nothing like 'em anywhere. They have been custom blended to my specifications. They are KiNubPygko's. :lol:

(Geeze - what am I gonna call them when I have to work "myotonic" into the breed description???)

Full disclosure - they are mutts! But - they're my mutts! A unique blend of Pygmy, Nubian, (Kinder), and Kiko. I really am trying to create the perfect goat for ME.
They are cute , ya know "they" say mutts are healthier than pure breads ,

The reason Iam asking I am thinking milk goat better than milk cow,
Son has an Alpine and a Kinder I don't know which is which but one M, one F

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I know nothing about Alpines - but I do know Kinders. I've milked Nubians, Nigerian Dwarfs, Pygmies, Kikos and Kinders. My all-time fave is the Kinder. They are smaller than the standard sized milk goats, so they eat less, and the milk is absolutely delicious. I've had folks in my house who swore they would never drink goat milk. We've done side by side comparisons with cow's milk and without fail - they all picked the Kinder goat milk as the best tasting.

Maybe an Alpine Kinder cross is in your future. That would be cool! Hmmm - would that be Kinpine or Alder? I kinda like Alder, lol!

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hope the coffees hot and good!
6cdef2d3ae5dc3f016bae7656ea0b010--country-farm-country-living.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Getting babies on the ground is the easy part! Now the work begins.

Wormed the Myotonic bucklings yesterday. One of them has loose stool this morning so he'll get probiotics. Probably should go ahead and give the other one a dose too.

Luna's babies are dumb, lol. They haven't figured out that she's got two faucets so they're both nursing one side and leaving the other to overfill. If I don't get it milked out - or teach them to nurse the other side - her production on that side will suffer.

Lucy is a Kinder that milks like a Holstein. Her udder is huge and teats are lower than normal. They'll be that way until the babies make a dent in her supply. She had the biggest babies so far and they don't want to get down low enough to nurse. They're going to have to nurse on their knees for awhile. The male was crying and his tummy was totally empty this morning. I'm going to give him a bottle this morning. That'll hold him until he figures it out. If he doesn't figure it out - he may be sold as a bottle baby. I don't have the time or the inclination to raise a bottle baby. Thankfully, the doeling is a bit smarter than her brother, lol.

Headed out to get livestock feed at some point today. Poor bank account, lol.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I know nothing about Alpines - but I do know Kinders. I've milked Nubians, Nigerian Dwarfs, Pygmies, Kikos and Kinders. My all-time fave is the Kinder. They are smaller than the standard sized milk goats, so they eat less, and the milk is absolutely delicious. I've had folks in my house who swore they would never drink goat milk. We've done side by side comparisons with cow's milk and without fail - they all picked the Kinder goat milk as the best tasting.

Maybe an Alpine Kinder cross is in your future. That would be cool! Hmmm - would that be Kinpine or Alder? I kinda like Alder, lol!
My Sons male is withered, so I would have to find a boy goat