Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nice thing about a mug cake --- you can eat the whole thing without the guilt of having to "eat the whole thing" that a full sized cake gives you!! 🤣 :old

Yep - when you just want that tiny little bit to appease the sweet tooth. Oh well... I can hold out until next week when the new MW is delivered. I hope, lol.

Today is supposed to be rainy/stormy most of the day. :ep Hard to believe! We had a bit of rain overnight - a whopping .17. Better than nothing. I walked out in the pasture yesterday to see if any of the rye seed I tossed out last week had taken hold. I still saw a lot of seed, but not a lot of green. Seriously hope this wetness does the trick.

Gave the does a good look yesterday and finally seeing baby bellies. I have hardly any actual breeding dates...that'll make for a fun kidding season. Oh well...babies will happen when babies are supposed to happen. None of it will start happening until early January and could stretch until the end of March. There's a whole lot of waiting left to do.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nice thing about a mug cake --- you can eat the whole thing without the guilt of having to "eat the whole thing" that a full sized cake gives you!! 🤣 :old

we have the bag of chocolate squares and i've been training myself to ignore it as much as possible (and the rest of the goodies we always have around)... i'm getting better in that with being so busy i'm gradually losing some weight. need to keep this trend going as i do feel a lot better. :)

glad you are getting some rains at last there @frustratedearthmother ! :) :) :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
have you had to get the mud boots out yet? :)

it just went from sunny to foggy here with a frost last night, but the rest of the week is looking great for weather (low to mid-60sF every day and no rain predicted until Friday).

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
have you had to get the mud boots out yet? :)
Yep! :weee (Never thought I'd be happy about that)

We ended up with 1.46 inches! Most rain at one time since probably February. Definitely wore boots out to feed last night. Lots of standing water - and I mean LOTS. This morning it has all soaked in. Still muddy, but no standing water to speak of!

Hope that helps all the seeds that I've distributed/planted recently. The pasture grass is definitely thankful. The garden seeds should be happy too. Hope to see some green popping up in rows in a few days.

Possible fishing today. Depends on how windy it does (or does not) get. :fl