Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OMG - got the new fridge today and spent all day re-stocking it. Had to wipe off everything that was in ice chests because it was dripping wet. Can't put wet, dripping stuff in the new fridge! When I got to the freezer stuff almost everything that had been frozen was mostly thawed. Didn't want to refreeze meat so whatever was totally thawed out got cooked up for the dogs, and everything that was still frozen in the middle got cooked for us. Dogs will be very happy for the next few days. This is when I miss pigs, lol.

yay! :) hope it does much better than the one before it...

By the end of the day, I had 3 miles of steps on my poor feet. I like to be barefoot, but standing all day in the kitchen, which is basically the same as standing on concrete, has my feet complaining. I should have put on some shoes, but I really hate wearing shoes in the house. Guess I better get over that!

we normally don't wear shoes in the house with mostly wood floors. i have a very small but thick rug that i stand on when i'm at the counter for very long. i don't leave it down because Mom hates it plus it is a tripping hazard. but it saves my entire body (including my feet but it is all sorts of things up from the feeties too) from being sore when i'm doing the tomatoes or peeling taters or doing a lot of dishes.

DH did well today. He seems to be a little stronger every day. Heck, I even felt better today. Good thing since I've been going since about 5am.

i'm so glad to hear this! :) light at the end of the tunnel.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
i'm so glad to hear this! :) light at the end of the tunnel.
Two steps forward and three steps back...

Back at the hospital today. About to get transferred to ICU. Blood sugar issues, pancreatitis and kidney damage. Better NOT be permanent kidney damage since the doc thinks its related to one of the new meds they started him on during the previous hospitalization. I thought Docs were supposed to do no harm...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Waking up in a hospital is no fun. Wait- “walking up” would indicate that there had been sleep, lol. Sleep is in short supply around here!

DH’s bloodwork is much improved. Heart is fine, pancreas problem is resolving, and kidneys are doing their job. Don’t know if there’s any permanent damage. BP has
been elevated. Just got meds for that. Hoping to get outta here today, but know better than to expect it. Sigh…