Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How old is Conan now
Gosh, it seems like he should be about 6 months by now, lol. But, he's still less than 10 weeks. And, he's B.I.G! He's eating feed pretty well, but I'm gonna keep going for awhile...until I can't stand it any more. (I'm getting close)

It was warm today...I'm sporting my farmers tan already!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You are blessed with great neighbors! Chinese tallow trees don't have the right to live. I loathe, despise and hate them!

You got a lot done this weekend. Pat yourself on the back, you done good. You really needed this!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I want a cold beer! I worked up quite a sweat outside and for some reason a beer just sounds good, lol. I don't drink a lot of beer but some occasions call for nothing but!

Yeah, boy --hot, sweaty & tired from moving hay or cutting fields I swear ONLY a cold, cold beer seems to satisfy that thirst! Just one does it. :)

You worked hard. Take a break.

I worked today. Handed out Oreo Thins Bites all day. Tough job :lol: Not a beer job though -- milk would be nice. :drool

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Sounds like a good, if busy, day! :) Conan must be huge by now, he was getting there last time we saw him.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Quick shot of Conan. Nothing to compare him to so hard to tell size.

image.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Another half day gone...:( But, I've got my Rattlesnake Pole beans in the dirt! Cleaning another area of the garden to put in something, lol. I think I've decided NOT to move any garden stuff out to the buck pen. Instead, I'm going to try to establish a little bit of "pasture" and/or browsing/grazing area there. It's divided into 4 areas so I can lock them in one area and try to get something to grow in the other three areas and do a little rotational grazing between the pens. It won't be much, but it will give them something to chew on and I know they'll appreciate it.

If I do that I'lll need to find another area to plant my "sprawlers" so I think I'm going to move "outside the box." I have an area that's about 4 foot wide between the fence and the drive that goes back to the pasture. No reason why I can't utilize that area. It will be free from any pressure from the goats and chickens. That area tends to be a little low so I think I"ll take some of my big tubs out there to start the plants in. I'm thinking about putting winter squash there. The plants will then be free to sprawl along the fence. I think there might be some merit to this idea!

Break time over - back outside! (have I mentioned how much I love having days off!)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Kiko's are so funny looking to me. As a former "show" goat person I almost have to laugh at the Kiko. To start with - the ears! Oh my goodness they are so stinkin' strange looking. Conan is a sweetheart but he'd never make it as a show goat, lol. Along with those silly lookin' ears he's cow-hocked as all get out. But, Kiko goats are not judged on beauty - they're judged on parasite resistance and rate of gain.

Hard to believe but by fall he'll be ready for the girls!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well I think he's beautiful, lol!! Parasite resistance must be huge down there- you really live in a bad place for a goat farmer!

So how many full size nubians do you have, and do he and your nubian buck have to share?