Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
lol sounds like she thought she had your number! Glad she got let down on that one ;)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Could be worse! She could have been a draft horse.

Licky gets that kind of attitude every so once in awhile. And when she does, she'll aim a kick towards my head. It's never close enough to make contact, but still... She's learning real quick that that is NOT acceptable. Last time she did it, she got chased all over the field until she was ready to admit that she was a baaaaad girl.

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
frustratedearthmother said:
I went back to work and was telling my co-workers about it. One of 'em (who is NOT an animal lover) said to me, "I don't know how you deal with these animals. They can hurt you because you don't know what they're thinking" I assured her that I knew exactly what this mini was thinking - She was thinking "move a little closer lady and I'll take off your knee caps" LOL Must be the moon phase or something because usually they are much more placid.... Critters! Whatcha gonna do?
I work with folks like that too. I called last week and left my boss a message that I was gonna be late because I had to pick up chicks at the post office. My boss told me that if he didn't know that I was "as country as a turnip" he wouldn't have believed my message :gig

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's funny TT...my boss is kinda like that too. It's a good thing I gave her kids a couple pygmy goats to convince them how much fun they are.

Yep - tiny horses have tiny brains... I've not been kicked by a mini yet - but hopefully they have tiny kicks too!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Just remember, w/their height, they'll likely to get you in the knee. It still hurts where I got kicked last week.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
frustratedearthmother said:
I went back to work and was telling my co-workers about it. One of 'em (who is NOT an animal lover) said to me, "I don't know how you deal with these animals. They can hurt you because you don't know what they're thinking" I assured her that I knew exactly what this mini was thinking - She was thinking "move a little closer lady and I'll take off your knee caps" LOL Must be the moon phase or something because usually they are much more placid.... Critters! Whatcha gonna do?
Yep - they are the perfect height to getcha right in the knee.

Hope your knee feels better soon!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Thanks. I don't think it would still be hurting if this wasn't the one I had operated on in January.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not a lot going on right now except for the new fence. The guys came out yesterday and set the posts and today they will actually build the fence. They'll also be putting in a drive-thru gate on each side of the house. Gates are good, and it'll be so nice to have that little job finished.

I need to find a self-feeder for the pigs. We'll be doing several weekend trips with the holidays coming up. The goats and horses have RB's, a pond and plenty of pasture so I don't even worry about them, but the pigs and chickens are penned. Most of the chicken pens are set up with big feeders so they're good, but I don't have any sort of self-feeder for the pigs. Years ago I had a big double hog feeder, but after not having hogs for awhile I sold it for $50 dollars. I sure wish I had it back, cuz I know it's gonna cost a whole lot more to replace it.... :(

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's mid-50's outside and really windy - but it's 100 degrees in the hot tub! We just got out after spending about a half-hour submerged. Couldn't count stars though - tooooo cloudy. :(

DH picked up a double hog feeder today. Now we can leave them without worrying that the little guys will go hungry.

AND, the fence is finished and it looks great!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Can't believe the weekend is almost over...:(

Spent some time outside yesterday doing basic clean-up. Not too exciting, but certainly necessary. Didn't do as much as I wanted to - had to work yesterday evening. It was actually kind of fun. Our school hosts a fall festival every year and our group of students put on a cake walk. The money they make helps pay for things that our grant isn't allowed to fund like dual credit books and letter jackets. The kids enjoy it, the public enjoys it and we make around $400 dollars. Not a lot, but not bad for 3 or 4 hours. We'll have another fund raiser before Christmas and the students will 'adopt' a family to help with the money.

I spent today doing some trimming around the trees and the fence lines. DH usually does it, but for whatever reason he's got a really sore wrist. He had carpal tunnel surgery about a year ago, which really helped - so not sure what's going on with it. Guess I've been working him too hard. (where's the "cracking the whip" smiley?)

The pigs have a new house. They've been sleeping in a dog crate tucked in the corner of their pen under a thrown together metal lean to. They've really outgrown it, so I opened up a pen off of their garden pen that has a nice little shed in it. It's bedded with deep hay and they've already made their piggy bed. Just in time for this cool weather.

Three more days and we can actually go shopping again! We've made it for the entire month except for one day that DH bought salad. But, it was only because he bought it for lunch one day instead of going out. We really haven't missed anything except for fresh veggies. Ther are some good meat sales this week so I'll be picking up a few things to can next weekend.

Watching the news/weather and really hoping that everyone stays safe.

Latest posts