Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wait... you need rain? Weird... lol.

Why is your doc trying to give you a flu shot in April? Lol I get flu shots but, there's like a couple weeks left of flu season... ah well.

Hope DH gets his eye dealt with. Yet again. Sigh.

Any goats due to kid?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wait... you need rain? Weird... lol.
The garden - only the garden, lol!

I had the same question about the flu shot - but they say they are still seeing new cases of it now. It's been a weird flu season apparently....:hu I declined it anyway.

No more goats due...at least not close anyway. Maybe Red...I dunno. She could go as late as July I think - but certainly hope she's not preggo at all.

Trying to concentrate on getting all my issues dealt with right now...then DH's issues...garden issues. Goats are on auto-pilot now. Everybody is looking pretty good - all healthy, all vaccinated, all parasite issues over (for now)...just cruising! Only thing to do is band a couple of fellas this weekend. Then done!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woohoo goats on cruise control! I'm getting there too, once we get the new buckling settled.

That's right, I heard it was a 2 wave flu year with 2 strains. Our pediatrician said it was really slowing down here though, thank goodness.

So does your DH get to retire? Lol

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What good is a flu shot anyway? it's last years flu virus, and the flu has already mutated into something new. I have never had a flu shot.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's not last years flu virus, they do have to guess what virus it will be so they're not always right, but having a flu shot reduces the severity of the flu even if they're wrong. The vast majority of children that die from the flu each year are unvaccinated. We all get flu shots annually except my husband and he's the only one who's had the flu.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Worst Flu I had in the last 20 years was 2 days after getting a flu shot with a co-worker. She talked me into going with her. Missed 3 days of work.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Worst Flu I had in the last 20 years was 2 days after getting a flu shot

Ugh!

I've only gotten the flu shot twice in my life. Once I got the flu - once I didn't. :hu

My arm is sore from the pneumonia shot I got. I'm not loving it - but I need to stop being a baby, lol. Hip was horrible on Wednesday, pretty good on Thursday and mediocre today. Geeze... I need this thing to decide what it wants to do. Either get better or stay bad enough that I get my butt to the cute ortho doc's office.

Last edited:

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have never had a flu shot in my life and don't ever plan on getting one. I very rearly get sick while my wife gets a flu shot every year and is sick all the time.