Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are hunkered down as much as we possibly can be. The only time we go out is to take care of DH's mom. We have to get her meds and groceries and visit with her so she's not totally alone. She's doing as well as an 88 year old can who is now socially isolated. We do prescription pick ups at the drive thru of course, and the few times we've gone out we wear gloves and go early when not so many folks are out.

Doesn't help that we are in the midst of home remodeling and I have folks in and out of my house daily. It's been the same crew all week and they are finishing up today. Then we'll have a break before we get the sheetrock crew in. That will be at my discretion - so I guess I can live with 2 x 4 walls and insulation staring at me as long as I need to, lol!

I'm always stocked up on food and pretty well stocked up on feed. I go to a stand-alone family owned feed mill where there's not usually a lot of people traffic. I can't store any more feed than I have right now...and the grass is coming in so I could stretch the feed out more if I need to. Still have almost 2 full round bales - they're not hitting them very hard now - they prefer grass/browse.

As of this morning we have 39 cases in our county with only 3 cases reported in the town where we do our shopping. It could definitely be worse...

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I called a neighbor, both of them are disabled and in bad health. They said they were stocked up, I offered eggs, they didn't have any and said they had no money. No, no, no, they are free, this is neighbors taking care of neighbors. He came to the gate, I set 2 dozen eggs on the ground outside the gate, plus 3 packages of sausage. We maintained social distance for his protection. He was grateful. We all gotta take care of each other.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep - we gotta help others. I'm giving my neighbors a pig to butcher. She picked up a few things for me earlier this week - I gave them eggs and homemade Amaretto. We help each other. Sent the tile guy home with lemons and eggs too. Won't be too much longer and I'll have goat milk. One of the last things I hauled off for the college food pantry before they shut down for this was about 20 1/2 gallons of milk that was short-dated. Neighbor (and us) have milk in our freezers. Gotta take care of each other during this mess!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The bathroom is 90% done. We need the vanity installed if it ever gets delivered. They did deliver the granite top for the vanity- but not the cabinet itself...wth? Also need to reinstall the toilet- but will probably wait for the vanity. I’ll use a shower curtain until the world is a safer place- but will have a door installed at some point. Sooooo- drum roll please......here it is in all its tiny splendor:
11C0C023-52BE-4516-BAAF-F03CC0E68427.jpeg

What you can't see is the gorgeous border that's right above the niche...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i got one done yesterday, on to the next, but this is an indoor day as we had rains last night and this morning. i have plenty of things to keep me busy. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've tilled a little this morning for the last time. Been rowing and hilling and want to get the majority of the planting done soon. I'm going to do some staggered planting for corn. Kind of excited about that - I haven't grown corn in probably 10 years. DH can't eat much of it because of the carbs. But, I want it - so I'm planting it. Sounds selfish, huh? But, I till it, I hill it, I plant it, I weed it, I pick it, and I cook it (and preserve it) - so by golly I'm going to eat it, lol! (at least I hope so) Same with potatoes.... don't usually grow them, but with crazy times I feel the need to plant some things that are more substantial.