Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks!

Garden is first and foremost right now. I added more sq. footage and wish I had even more space! I'm waiting on some more seeds to be delivered. I keep ordering more - I can't stop myself! Seriously hope I can keep up with it. I have more time to spend on it - but will I have the energy lol? I'm about 75% planted. Only have a few things left. YaY!

Probably still several days to a week before the first kids get here. I've got some of the does separated and they aren't happy with me - eh...that's life for a goat.

DH is at the car dealership. His fancy dancy car is fragile...argh. Thankfully it's still under warranty because parts from Sweden are freakin' expensive! I'm about ready to trade it in on a Prius - even though the last thing I want to do right now is buy a car. Ugh.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I worked all day yesterday in the garden. I have a section that I am going to try weed cloth on. I’m planting Painted Mountain corn in it for cornmeal. Then I’ll plant Texas Gourdseed corn, also a cornmeal type.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I curse weed cloth, lol! If you do better than me and take it up at the end of the season you'll be ok. I'm planting sweet corn. I don't have a grinder so I'm not planting for corn meal. Won't buy one because we just don't eat enough bread(s) to justify it, so I'll just enjoy sweet corn if I can actually get a harvest.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I curse the previous owners of this place every time I work in the garden area. They put landscape fabric and landscape plastic down in places, then never pulled it back up. It is now covered by grass and dirt so I don't know is it there until I try to plow/till/rake in an area. Every time I try to plant something more of it shows up. I have 2 piles when I weed - one is for the compost bin and the other is garbage -landscape fabric, black plastic, broken pieces of tools, wire fencing, weed wacker string.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I feel your pain! Same thing here - but mostly only have myself to blame. I had a pig in the garden area and had a tarp up for shade. That pig buried that tarp so deep I almost never got it pulled out of there. And of course it disintegrated and in some places I pull it up one nylon thread at a time... :( N.e.v.e.r A.g.a.i.n!

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
A friend uses red plastic sheet much for his tomatoes. He says that it helps with the attracting pollinators. He rolls it up every year also.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've heard about using the red for tomatoes but haven't tried it. I guess he has good luck with it if he keeps using it, huh?