Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Well you know what snow does to us.........we are idiots we cannot drive on the stuff. There are no snow plows, no equipment. All the schools are closed tomorrow in all the surrounding counties, even as far south as Polk county. Anywhere there is snow, it is white LAVA! it destroys tires, don't drive on it!!!! We sensibly will not get on the roads in order to be hit by some stupid speed demon.
Funny but true! When I was a kid, we drove through Alabama during Christmaa vacation. There was about an inch of snow. No biggie for us. But the roads were dangerous because no one knew how to drive on snow. We stopped at a restaurant for a long time, waiting for other drivers to clear off the roads. Still makes me smilw. But I'm thankful for the experience. It really is a different world when there is no sand, road salt, snowplows, and no one has been taught to drive in snow.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
An absolutely glorious January day here. Temp in the upper 50's, total blue sky and zero wind. This day was a precious gift! I got some fence work done and was able to move the pullets out of the chicken tractor into a nice big pen. Hope they're still there tomorrow!

I need to go back to my notes and see when the first doe was bred - if I logged it in. I noticed at least one fat goat that's got a little bit of udder development. Time flies! Hard to think we might be kidding next month. Yay! I need some cute little kids to squeeze.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dang, I musta logged about a million miles since my last journal post. The big shame there is that nothing has really changed, lol. DH has had a few more procedures. Legs - not eyes - this round. All went well. Looks like he might have one more to go.

Been hatching quail and a few chicks and have procured some ducklings. Those things are messy!

Had a little hurricane but it gave us a good excuse to crawl into the storm shelter for a couple hours. It's a wonderful secure feeling and I'm glad I got it. No major damage, but lots of rain and limbs down. Oh - lost the buck's hoop house. More correctly - lost the tarps on the hoop house. I had moved the guy s to a more secure location before the storm - they're still there.

Daughter and grands are coming for a quick visit this weekend. Grandson is going to be debuting his motorcycle skills at a "track day" locally. Of course, I'm not thrilled about that. But, whaddya do?

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dang, I musta logged about a million miles since my last journal post. The big shame there is that nothing has really changed, lol. DH has had a few more procedures. Legs - not eyes - this round. All went well. Looks like he might have one more to go.

Been hatching quail and a few chicks and have procured some ducklings. Those things are messy!

Had a little hurricane but it gave us a good excuse to crawl into the storm shelter for a couple hours. It's a wonderful secure feeling and I'm glad I got it. No major damage, but lots of rain and limbs down. Oh - lost the buck's hoop house. More correctly - lost the tarps on the hoop house. I had moved the guy s to a more secure location before the storm - they're still there.

Daughter and grands are coming for a quick visit this weekend. Grandson is going to be debuting his motorcycle skills at a "track day" locally. Of course, I'm not thrilled about that. But, whaddya do?

hope they come through any accidents ok. have a fun time this weekend! :) it's been rain here for the past three days.