Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Oh no! Bad news for your DH! :( Just when you thought he was all done too! Go for a drive and enjoy a lovely day off!

I need to start thinking about sheep herd culling soon. Do you have moon spotted kiko crosses?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We took a quick jaunt down to Galveston Island. Had a little seafood lunch, drove around and enjoyed some of the houses. There are some beautifully restored homes there - and a lot that need to be restored. We were surprised to see a lot of tarps on roofs. Guess our little Hurricane Nicholas had a bit more impact on the island.

Do you have moon spotted kiko crosses?
I have two Kiko cross does with moonspots and/or dapples. One black moon-spotted doe and another very light colored doe that's got barely noticeable white dapples. Hope to get some nice one to choose from this year.

I've had some beautiful moon spotted kids in the past - so far I've sold most of them. I have a spotted, blue eyed Kiko buck right now. I'm breeding him to all my does this year because I'm selling him back to his breeder at the end of breeding season. I'll probably keep a buck kid out of him - hopefully a loud colored one.

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Water was calm today. Pic is from the seawall.

1633555252546.png

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
7 procedures scheduled, I know you put him and his health first and will take good care of him.

Getting numbers down on your goats...... yeah, right. :lol:

I'm glad y'all went to Galveston and had a nice day. It wasn't that far when we lived in Galveston, we didn't go often, but it was enjoyable when we did. Ever ride the Ducks? The car/boat things are fun to ride in.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Getting numbers down on your goats...... yeah, right. :lol:
Actually, that process has been happening most of this year. I sold 25 kids of the 27 kids born earlier this year along with 5 grown does. We lost Chester, the pygmy buck and the old pygmy doe is around 13 this year and will live here until her last breath - which might not be too far away. Numbers ARE going down.

At the moment I have only 17 goats. Lowest number in years. One of my Kiko bucks will be out of here in another month or so and I've got no less than 3 grown does on the "gotta go" list along with 1 and maybe both of the doelings I retained.

DH would love to do some traveling and with his health it's something we need to do while he still can. "To everything there is a season..." I've had goats for 30+ years, I can give up some now to focus on DH and his health. :love

Today starts the saga of leg treatments for him. The sooner it gets started the sooner it ends, right? It basically means we will be tied here until after the holidays. That's ok - gives us (ok, me) time to get a few more things worked out.

No Duck ride...didn't even see them.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The number is low enough for me to count now, lol!

I have 10 pigs but that number will go down soon enough. I have a hunter who buys from me every fall. I have 11 new ducks and 2 old ones. Don't ask about chickens or quail....actually I started counting quail the other day and when I got over 50 :eek: I stopped counting. Couple weeks and a big portion of those will move into the freezer.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's the plan. Only problem is that he wants to travel internationally - and I want to stay stateside. I am terrified of leaving the country with him and I absolutely refuse to do it. He's been abroad in his former life so that's going to have to do it for him. We've been to Mexico a couple of times, the Caymen Islands and Canada. That's as far as I'm going, lol. We've talked about a train trip and a paddleboat trip up the Mississippi, and some driving trips also. Don't even know if we can get all those worked in for the next few years. But, we're gonna give it a shot. I hope to not get rid of all my critters but a serious reduction is in the works. Horses will probably stay forever unless I can find a long term home for them. I don't really care if a few pigs hang around either. I simply need to simplify!

Found out yesterday that my ex is hospitalized. They pulled 2 liters of fluid off his lungs and found a golf ball sized lump that they biopsied. I don't wish anything terrible to happen to him. And, I don't want my kids to have to deal with any pain/loss. But - it's part of life.

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You can travel by train across Colorado. There are lots of places you can go.

That’s tough about your ex.