Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got the eggs for the Chocolate Laced Orpingtons today - all intact! That's always a good sign. The Deathlayers won't even be shipped until next week I think. So much for me trying to get my incubator loaded with eggs at the same time. Ugh!

Spent the morning tossing out some whole oats in some empty pens. Oats tend to grow pretty well here in the fall so hoping for a good result. I didn't get any rye seed this year with all the mess we had going on in October when I generally try to spread them. If I can still find any seed I might try to toss some out. Need to go to TSC soon for rat poison soon so I'll check when I'm there.

We're not doing anything special tomorrow but saw that a local restaurant is open so we'll take MIL out for lunch. Might just get a piece of pumpkin pie after all, lol.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ya'll are killin' me, lol! You're gonna jinx my chickens by counting them before they hatch! But, hey - I have no problem being the destination for a road trip!! Come on down! @tortise - you better bring hip waders! We're supposed to get record breaking rain tomorrow. On Thanksgiving no less.. how rude!

If/when I get a hatch and some growth and some layers out of this endeavor I will be thrilled to have enough eggs/chicks to share!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got up and outside at a decent hour this morning. I was at the right place at the right time to see a smallish deer right across the street from my house. Deer are plentiful in the general area, but seeing one right here was a treat. There's a huge pasture across the street from me that previously held cattle but the land owner died and from what I understand the land has been tied up with probate and family issues ever since. One of our neighbors was supposedly leasing it and he even started putting up a new fence but hasn't finished it. It's thick, thick, thick with all manner of native growth - just right for deer. That's also where we hear all the coyote singing from. This fella was just chillin' and grazing on the shoulder of our little road. He didn't react at all when the dogs started barking at him, but he did take notice when I started yelling at the dogs to hush, lol. Then a car came by and he'd had enough and disappeared into the heavy growth.

We took MIL out to a local restaurant for T'giving. It was better than cooking a huge meal, but not much, lol. She enjoyed her time out and we had some good conversation and caught up on family gossip. That woman sure likes to tell stories, lol.

Trying to do a little garden upkeep but of course haven't accomplished everything on my list yet. Also trying to get the bucks shelter put back together after our little hurricane ripped the tarps off and did a little structural damage. It's not a huge job, but a bit of a challenge doing it alone. DH asked if he could help, but I'm not ready for him to be outside trying to do much yet. And, until he learns to read my mind, I'm not that easy to work with, lol!

I've got lots of little jobs I'd like to cross off the list and I'm not getting any of 'em done sitting here. Need to finish this cup of coffee and get after it.

Latest posts