Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I understand. When BJ died, I had hard decisions to make and sold my horses. I bawled over it. For you, not only grass, but you have a full plate. They’ve gone to a loving home and it takes a little off you.
Truth right there! It's a new phase of life and priorities evolve. Love the goats. Love the horses. Love DH more. :love

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
i'm glad DH is doing better and you've got a few less mouths to feed.
Thanks!

Still have lots more mouths to move out of here. Some still need a few more weeks with mom. I need to get pics of the ones that are ready now and get them listed.

We got the edge of a pretty good storm last night. Thankfully, we didn't get any of the rough stuff. What we DID get was 1.8 inches of rain. I would have been fine with half of that - but ok. It should help the pasture. Oops - I can hear that the rain has started again. Looks like it'll be an inside day. I think I'll can some more beans.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Those of us living vicariously through you all request a photo or two of the pond, please

Soon!

Canned a batch of the baked beans using the recipe @Mini Horses posted. They are so good!

Fully intended to do several batches of various beans today but got interrupted by an early delivery of some shelving units. Got one set put together with only a few "uh-ohs" or so I thought, lol. When I got finished I noticed that I put a couple of the doors on upside down. I don't care, lol. It makes them unique, right? I have another one to put together tomorrow. Hmmmmm....should I make them unique also? Or actually read and follow directions this time?
Oh wait - there are NO directions. Only a pathetic series of pictures with absolutely NO written directions. What is wrong with these people?

Would like to get a batch of black-eyed peas w/sausage in the canner tomorrow. I can put the next set of shelves together while beans are processing. Hopefully I can cut my shelf building labor time in half tomorrow since I know how to do it now. (ha!) I plan on adding an additional step though. These shelving/storage units are reminiscent of gym lockers. The only thing I don't like is that they have 6 inch "feet." I think they are actually 6 inches too tall. Hmmmm...sawzall?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@FarmerJamie - told you it would be soon, lol.

The two white blobs behind the pond are goats.

IMG_6052 (1).jpg

Pond is out of banks again because of last nights rain. Speaking of rain - RAINE (the pup) is wading in the overflow.

IMG_6051 (2).jpg

Latest posts