FTF Udder?

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
So, I am curious as to when a first timer fresheners udder actually makes a true appearance?
Mine has 7.5 weeks to go, if I calculated right, and all that has filled out is nipples :idunno
She is getting fatter by the week now, so I feel certain that there are babies in there.

ETA should have added that her girlie bits have changed as well. All pooched out. I think this happened in the last week.

All my goat experience was with raising, feeding and milking. I never dealt with the breeding side :lol:

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Fudgie started developing her udder with about 4-5 weeks to go; same as my seasoned does.

I have another FF, Nilly, who is definitely bred (I've felt the babies move and her whooo-haaa is puffed as you mentioned) and she just started with a teeny tiny little pouch for a bag so I'm giving her 4 weeks as well.

That's my experience, anyway!

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
everything i've heard and read says that the udder fills out in the last month. i read on one forum that someone had a doe that udders didnt fill out until the day of kidding, or something like that.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Last year when June was a FF (kidded on March 5 or something) she started making a teeny udder way back in Jan. The last month it really grew though.