Fun Seeking Farmerchick Journal

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
New Year - New Journal

Just going to log my daily fun and work etc. and just plug along like I have on the farm thru the years.

Main goal, cut back farm work and farm business. No more growing, now time for dismantling.

Time ---want to have more vacations. More down time with Nicole. More free time to, well, just live and seek fun! :)

Fri Jan 1

Todays weather is nasty, misty rain, cold, damp, cloudy and I sure miss that NC sun.

Last night went out for all you can eat king crab dinner with Tony. Had a blast. Ate like a hound dog and enjoyed the night. Nicole went out with Grandma and Papa for a Chinese dinner. Everyone had a blast. Nice to be alone with Tony to chat. Sucked down a few good rum and cokes!
Ye Haw

Had alot of fun with hubby when the clock struck 12

Heard alot of people shooting off cannons. Oh yes, many here have small cannons on their farms..lol...alot of boom boom boom last night for an hr.

Made a large load of goat milk soap this morning. Orders now backing up from Christmas sales...which is great. Couldn't have asked for a better biz than this one.

Off to the grocery store in a bit. Need a few items, not much.

Tony back to work for 2 days...then off 4 again. But next week he is back on his 4 by 4 --should drive him insane. lol

Tony taking 100 chickens to the auction sale in a few weeks.

So I know my new year of 2010 is going to be fun packed with adventure.

Hitting the internet to plan my early early spring vacation. Probably the mountains for trout fishing. Tony loves that, Nicole and I swim in the indoor pool. Top campground. Will book dates soon. Alot of vacations this year! Oh, yes.....

Dinner tonight is tacos. Yup, I am wanting that taste! :)

So far so good for 2010. Hopefully it will be a fun year, a good year, an easy year, a great year and so on......but if some bad happens we will muddle thru like always.

Happy New Year! Only the best and relaxing, easy going agenda do I have for this year!

hikerchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Honey here in PA it is Friday, January 1. Unless I slept through a day!

Now I am going to have to have tacos tonight !! Luckily, we can have them delivered at the new place. No time to cook with all this moving, you know.

And I agree with you - life is short and we need to make time for fun. Vacations are the reason to be frugal the rest of the year, I think.

You daughter will only be small for a short time so you are smart to take time to enjoy her and travel with her. It's so important. Kids who never leave home get a little...well, let's say travel rounds them out.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
hikerchick said:
It's all those rum and cokes she sucked down! :gig

It's Friday, January 2 here, too!

Maybe FC is in more of a hurry for spring than we are??? :lol:

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I am living in an alternate reality, I guess. Here, it is Friday, Jan 1.

hikerchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:
I thought you had the best of both worlds, there.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hikerchick said:

Now I am going to have to have tacos tonight !! Luckily, we can have them delivered at the new place. No time to cook with all this moving, you know.

And I agree with you - life is short and we need to make time for fun. Vacations are the reason to be frugal the rest of the year, I think.

You daughter will only be small for a short time so you are smart to take time to enjoy her and travel with her. It's so important. Kids who never leave home get a little...well, let's say travel rounds them out.
LOL- I changed it...yup the rum kicked in BUT my best defense is I am thinking about the farmer market tomorrow and all the soap orders I have to fill and all the work for the market.
I never have a good friday...it is a work day to the max all the time for saturday..LOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
hikerchick said:
It's all those rum and cokes she sucked down! :gig

It's Friday, January 2 here, too!

Maybe FC is in more of a hurry for spring than we are??? :lol:
OK Quail
what is your excuse?

Friday Jan. 2

are you sure it is the 2nd now?

:lol:

we are all screwed up..LOL--don't you be saying typo

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hikerchick said:
Ldychef2k said:
I thought you had the best of both worlds, there.
oh yes the world and MY REAL world...those are my choices.

I choose MY REAL world cause I gotta live it..LOL

hey HC you are right. I am done scrimping and this and that..LOL
I am going to find fun, seek it out and have a darn blast. I will scrimp where I can, other than that I am spending this year..LOL

Hey I think I am going to that new hair salon that opened...the expensive one. Best I have a cool couple hundred to walk in and get the works. I am doing that. tired of the old farm type hairstyle (which is nice cause I like it) but time to vault into the new era for me.

And throwing out all my makeup, and going out to buy all new current colors and see what nice choices are out there. too many years of looking bland, I love makeup, always wear it, but now, I am going back to the "my good makeup" face..LOL...time to concentrate on the people in the family and be our best that we want to be. I know when I feel bland I am bland in life, when I upgrade myself I upgrade my mood..haha

time for changes this year!! and yup, gonna do them

who knows what I will get done..LOL

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a good year planned!

I love your soap biz.....it always bounces around in the back of my mind as something I would love to try. I don't have goats of course, so I don't see a soap biz in my future. But it sounds like fun!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea but Dace remember I have down graded my goat herd big time
I now buy milk from a local farm. Young couple who needs to thrive, it is my time to retire. :)