Fun Seeking Farmerchick Journal

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Quail_Antwerp said:
hikerchick said:
Honey here in PA it is Friday, January 1. Unless I slept through a day!
It's all those rum and cokes she sucked down! :gig

It's Friday, January 2 here, too!

Maybe FC is in more of a hurry for spring than we are??? :lol:
OK Quail
what is your excuse?

Friday Jan. 2

are you sure it is the 2nd now?

:lol:

we are all screwed up..LOL--don't you be saying typo
um....i was up past midnight????

I was so wrapped up in reading your post that I was only worried about typing Friday???

I was really hoping we were skipping January this year???

any of those excuses work for ya??? lol

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL
they all work for me

I love excuses, without them I wouldn't get thru life now would I?

you have it so cold where you are...I know you are begging for spring soon.....being NC my spring comes way before you northern people :)

I got fingers crossed yours comes fast also

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
New haircut & makeup... sounds like fun to me! Have you ever been in a Sephora store? They have tons of top brands of makeup and usually really great people to help you pick colors, etc. I always like to mix & match rather than getting everything from 1 line. Look forward to hearing about your vacations and the upcoming changes this year!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Hey FC....I have been meaning to point out that your new avatar does not go with your new title!

Is that a cat? Eeeek He is scary!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
you have it so cold where you are...I know you are begging for spring soon.....being NC my spring comes way before you northern people :)

I got fingers crossed yours comes fast also
Yep, I'm ready for spring!! i 'member a few years ago, we had 70* days in FEBRUARY up here! I can handle that! I'd love that!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
New avatar coming...not sure what I want yet. I like the fangs on that scary kitty.
lol

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Yep, I'm ready for spring!! i 'member a few years ago, we had 70* days in FEBRUARY up here! I can handle that! I'd love that!
sorry Quail you are the victim of global warming or some such freak of nature. I know though cause we have it here. When I moved here Christmas day was 67 deg. Not this year! :)

Everything changes constantly and I know weather ain't immune..LOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sat. Jan 2
(do I have that date right finally?)

Cold here. In the 20s and I hate it big time. Windy....that wind just cuts ya thu.

Well changing how I do laundry. My homemade laundry soap I think just doesn't work that great. I did it for well over a few years and with hanging out I still get that crappy smell that I don't like.

So still being frugal, but changing up laundry a bit.

I been holding coupons for Gain, since I love the smell of Gain and have always used it. My supply of homemade finally ran out, so I took used my coupons wtih a good sale and bought 6 giant boxes of Gain. I saved alot. So stocked up there.

I am on Gain now vs. homemade stuff. Just me, want to do it.

Shirts. All shirts in the dryer all the time. Tony has complained for many years the smell of the shirts just aren't clean smelling. I think it was the combo of homemade and line drying. I have to say they don't smell that great..lol.....I tried it all, vinegar in the rinse, 1/2 line dry, 1/2 dryer ---etc. I experimented but........so all shirts in the dryer now cause if they pull over my head I want that great Gain smell and dryer softness...LOL

All pants can be line dry. No problem. The jeans don't have that smell that the shirts got????? why I have no idea..LOL

Towels....with be 1/2 line dry and 1/2 dryer to get some of that stiff off them.

All undies and small stuff line dry. No problem on that one.

So changing up the shirts to full dryer now and using Gain.

If feel like I am backtracking but in the end I want clean smelling clothes and I can't seem to get that the other way. And life is too short for me to worry too much about it.....haha

So for me the big laundry drama is over. I got my good old Gain back and loving it.....lol

went to the post office and forgot they close early. UGH
I need priority ship boxes for my soap orders which are thru the roof.
Got to buckle down and make tons of batches for inventory again. Got a little lazy thru the holidays, but those are over.

Went to the dollar store and got B-day cards for Tony. Got him a multi-screw driver tool thing from Nicole and a set of thermals. That is enough..LOL-------got some candles for his cake on Monday and some blow horns to annoy him. Nicole can sure do that one..lol

Tony bought a $240 pair of shoes. They have springs in the bottom and one giant spring as the heel. Insane and ugly but another guy at work said since he bought them his heel is better. Poor guys walking on concrete at work 12 hrs per day running up and down a line machine. ugh....so I balked at the price and then realized that if they improve his heel hurting (and it is bad) then that is a cheap price to pay for his foot health. The other guy said they worked miracles...hmm...we shall see. But they are butt ugly shoes.

Got to wash tons of eggs....so off I go. I got lazy and didn't do them for a few days and they are backlogged now. Ugh....instead of 2 buckets I got 7 giant filled buckets to handle. ugh....you think I would learn to stay on top of them...lol

that is about it today

dinner is going to be super easy.....I bought one of those frozen turkey breasts and popping that in the oven with mashed taters and gravy, corn and biscuits tonight. Kinda like Thanksgiving....lol

Slowly put up all Xmas decorations in Nicole's tv room this morning.
that done---now gotta hit the living room but thinking to wait til Tues when she goes back to pre-school.

Of course we all know we get 100 times more done when a kid ain't around....HAHA

everyone have a great day....off to feed critters and tackle eggs

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
reporting in---still washing eggs
oh my gosh I am going so slow today on those buckets
and tons more

I am slow slow slow today but I tell ya, no one can ever be slower than Tony washing a bucket of eggs.

UGH

off I go again

(oh and Ralph (FIL) just brought 2 more full buckets of eggs for me.

Ain't I special? To deserve such bounty...:th

good news is Dad did $500 at the market today which is a wonderful take being it is cold, windy, and the "hangover" weekend..LOL...not many customers he said but hey, I'll take it.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hey FC!

great work (dad) at the market! i wish we had one more year round... but its cold cold cold here.... we're sitting here watching it snow and being angry about it.

i recommended you to someone - do you know Brunty Farms on BYC? he got some pigs to raise and had some questions. i filled in where i could - he has a thread on the Meat Birds section. he's concerned about the cold weather. i told him you were the expert!
:)