FYI on Flu scam

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
CDC has received reports of fraudulent emails (phishing) referencing a CDC sponsored State Vaccination Program.

The messages request that users must create a personal H1N1 (swine flu) Vaccination Profile on the cdc.gov website. The message then states that anyone that has reached the age of 18 has to have his/her personal Vaccination Profile on the cdc.gov site.

Clicking on the link routes you to another website.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I truly don't get the HARD PUSH to give every one the H1N1 shots.

What happened? Did someone out there make too much serum now they got to sell it all?

I also do not get all of the H1N1 clinics in our area.

I work at a school. So far in our room alone the teacher and 3 of the kids have been diagnosed with H1N1 .... and lived to tell the tale! They were sick sure, but it was basically the flu. Meanwhile I caught another of the flu bugs going around (respiratory ) as did four other people (adults) in our hall, around the same time. I tested negative for H1N1 and had different symptoms. :sick

As I see it the bug has passed through our area pretty thoroughly. If you didn't already get it you were probably exposed to it - yet they are still pushing clinics to get the stupid shots!

Isn't it REALLY BAD to vaccinate in the face of an outbreak? What if you have already been exposed when you are injected with the vaccine? It is a distinct NO NO in livestock. I just don't get it. :idunno

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Thanks for the link.

I don't know what to think anymore about H1N1 vaccines. My DH got his several weeks ago because he has no immunity and is in high risk. His organ transplant surgeons HIGHLY recommended it. They have special interest in his long term survival and I implicitly trust them. The primary care physicians, not so much.

A friend's wife just died 2 days ago from H1N1. She had no health insurance, worried about incurring hospital bills, so sought no medical treatment. They have a business that makes just enough to eliminate them from free ER services that are always touted, yet not enough to afford health insurance. Anyhow, she quickly died from pneumonia.

I am washing my hands like a maniac, using the gels, haven't gotten the shot because I haven't qualified, despite being a caregiver for an immune suppressed patient. Whacky.

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
Its strange here also.All of a sudden they are holding clinics for free H1N1 vaccs at the shopping malls /schools/store parking lots for anyone who wants it. Heck, they wont even give regular flu shots for free.

Reaction score
In our area they are giving free clinics for at risk people. To me this indicates they are either concerned about the safety of at risk people. Or they are giving them something to kill them all off. I tend to think it is the former and I am glad they are giving the shots for free. So far all 5 of my children and myself have gotten them. The 3 younger ones are due for a booster in 2 weeks. They say 10,000 children and teenagers died from H1N1 in the US. They say most people had minor symptoms. Obviously for some it was a little worse.

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
In our area they are giving free clinics for at risk people. To me this indicates they are either concerned about the safety of at risk people. Or they are giving them something to kill them all off. I tend to think it is the former and I am glad they are giving the shots for free. So far all 5 of my children and myself have gotten them. The 3 younger ones are due for a booster in 2 weeks. They say 10,000 children and teenagers died from H1N1 in the US. They say most people had minor symptoms. Obviously for some it was a little worse.
At first it was for high risk people, now its for anyone who wants one. I too think its great they are free, but the regular flu shot for people with no health coverage is averaging $25-why not give those to high risk for free? :idunno

Reaction score
I can't even get the regular flu shot through my GP. They ran out 2 months ago. Walgreens still sells them. It must be because the Feds paid for the H1N1 as part of a pandemic program. I wanted to get my shot through my GP so I wouldn't have to fill out all the paperwork for insurance at Walgreens. My insurance will pay for it since I have asthma.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
10,000 people dying from H1N1 sounds like an incredible number.

Truth is lots of people die each year in the US alone from flu - H1N1 is no different from many of the more virulent strains of flu. CDC annual flu deaths On average 36,000 people die every year from the flu (one strain or another). Another 1,000-1,800 deaths each year occur from type A streptococcus (strep throat any body?).

The difference is that the media has had a field day with H1N1. It sells papers and gets ratings.

Vaccinate or not, you are free to choose. Just keep this thing in perspective.

Reaction score
That's what a rep from the CDC said on NPR last week. I know that 36k die from the flu in the USA. Most are old people that develop secondary problems. The rest are infants that are too weak and haven't developed immunity yet. H1N1 was hitting kids and teenagers. I'm not worried. I think they have it under control.Since it didn't develop in to a full scale pandemic we will never know if it would have. Just like when you drive to the store you don't know if you will get in a head on collision. I wear my seat belt just in case.