Gallbladder Cleanse--anyone have any first hand experience?

BirdBrain

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've been to the ER twice in the last week with DH. They think he has gall bladder trouble. My friend told me her DH had used a natural cleanse to pass his stones and that he was so much better for it. I have been digging around on the web to see what is suggested. Basically it uses Olive Oil, lemon juice, and a few other things. Anyone tried this? Comments please.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
I haven't done it but was talking with someone who had last weekend. They said part of it was you had to lay down specifically on one side but I forget which one.

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
OOooo,

I did it!!!! Amazing stuff. Pretty gross too.
DH and I did the Epsom salt flush with the olive oil.
Use vaseline on your bum or the salt flush tends to burn. ;)
I personally got a ton of gall stones out. Dh got 1. :lol:

I am ready to do it again.

I used this http://curezone.com/cleanse/liver/huldas_recipe.asp

coldcreekchick

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I did this too, it was suprising how many came out. I was glad I did it, not glad enough to do it again (chicke) Can't remember the specifics, but if the concoction was very cold, it helped. It is very hard to drink that much oil in one gulp!

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
I read about it before I had mine taken out, but I was WAY to scared to even attempt it. Gallstone attacks hurt so terribly bad there's no way I wanted to risk a stone getting stuck!

BirdBrain

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I decided to give this cleanse a whorl so I could report how it went to DH. He is rather discomfort averse. Other than the Epsom salt solution tasting bitter and the many trips to the loo, it is not that bad and sure works. Since I didn't die, DH is willing to give it a try starting tommorrow. :lol: Being the scientist, he was wishing for an ultrasound before and after. I told him that was not a good use of funds.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
This stuff sounds painful and a bit gross :lol: Glad to know it works though...if I ever need it...and hopefully I WON'T EVER :th

Aimless Me

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear it has helped people. I've read contrasting opinions on the flush (some say the ingredients form in to 'stones' in the stomach and pass)

I had a bad gallstone attack a couple years ago (enough to sit in the terrible local ER because I thought something had ruptured) but proper diet has gone a long way and I haven't had one since. But there's always the knowledge that while I've been pain free- they are still there. Just too small to hurt.

I'm keeping my eyes open for anything that will help in case of future problems. For now I see this as nature telling me to get back to living right and ditching the convenient food diet in favor of REAL food in realistic proportions (Thanks to that I've lost 6 pant sizes! WOO! No idea on pounds - I haven't stepped on a scale in years)

Still, eventually a flush may be needed. Beats surgery (which EVERYONE else thinks I should get since it 'permanently solves the problem'. What a load of crap - removing the symptom doesn't fix the problem! In my case it was mostly bad diet!)

Latest posts