Gamma Seal Advice.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was not sure where to post this so I figured here was fine. I went down to my garage yesterday to get my 5 gal bucket of brown sugar. It looked as if a large rat had gnawed on the lid. Not to much damage but enough to make me mad. The thing was when I opened the lid I realized the little rubber seal had slipped from its grove. That was the spot the rat chewed near. So I guess my point is, be sure on the lids that you open frequently that your seals stay put. None of the other buckets had been chewed. I figure the rat must have smelled smelled the sugar. Anyways I just thought I wold share so this didn't happen to someone else.

Ps. My husband set a trap yesterday and the big ugly rat is already no longer a problem :D

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Glad ya got the rat!!

I will have to check our seals when I open up the next buckets. So far I haven't had any trouble at all. Thanks for the update!

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Reset that trap because there may be more and, in addition, they follow urine trails so there may be some to follow.

Thanks for the heads up on the seals, we'll keep that in mind.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow, I would never have thought a rat could chew through those lids! Thanks for the info!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
sylvie said:
Reset that trap because there may be more and, in addition, they follow urine trails so there may be some to follow.

Thanks for the heads up on the seals, we'll keep that in mind.
I did not know they followed urine trails......another bit of info to file in the back of my melon. ;) THANKS!!!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
farmerlor said:
Wow, I would never have thought a rat could chew through those lids! Thanks for the info!
The rat did not actually chew through the lid. It just left some pretty deep score marks in two separate places.

Sylvie... Are you saying other rats will follow the first one? I have a neighbor who leaves her garage open for her dogs. She told me shes having rat problems. I imagine this is where their coming from. We have not had big rats in a really long time. There is a block wall about 20 ft from my garage. Can rats climb a block wall? I wonder if I should hose it to wash off the pee smell?

Latest posts