Gardens Alive catalog = $25 coupon

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good deal alet! Hey guys, I just got the GardensAlive catalog with the $25 no minimum coupon. I used it to buy insect barrier and my total came to $3.10 shipped! I just might try to grow broccoli and cabbage this year! (I battled cabbage moths last year and they won)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Are you going to try floating row covers to fight them? I had a white fly issue and the ducks got all the kale, Jersey cabbage and brussel sprouts. They appreciated the extra protein :sick

Off to order a catalog...

Thanks!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
WZ - yeah, that's what I'm going to try this year. The stuff I ordered was a gauzy material that lets 95% of light through. It's probably a pain to work with, but hopefully better than picking thousands of tiny green worms out of the broccoli and then being too grossed out to eat it :p
My ducks will be confined to their own area during the spring and summer. Or my garden will be fenced if the ducks complain too much. Guess which way that will go? :lol:

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
:gig

Yeah it is often easier to pen the plants than the ducks :D

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
woot! ordered mine :) need to hide my leafy greens from whatever beetles nommed it last year!