1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Maple Sweet Potato Hash - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

German Catholic Monk's Bread Beer

Discussion in 'The Homestead Kitchen - Recipes Etc' started by CrealCritter, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Sep 6, 2019
    CrealCritter

CrealCritter Super Self-Sufficient

I'm finishing up my recipe and will be ordering the ingredients shortly for the biggest beer I've ever attempted to brew.

It's a German Bock style (lager) beer but not just any old bock, nope not even a double bock, I'm going to attempt a triple Bock. It's triple the ingredients of a regular single Bock :) i'm calling it German Catholic Monk's Bread Beer because of the following story.
    Www.lordsofthedrinks.com/2016/02/11/the-all-beer-diet-german-monks-created-for-the-46-days-of-lent-fast-before-easter

I'll post my recipe once I get it completed. It's has a huge amount of sweet malt goodness. I can't hardly wait to get it all in my kettle and start fermenting. :drool

Until then here's a nice rich malty cold glass of German Oktoberfest homebrew.
    IMG_20190905_215023933.jpg

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    Mini Horses likes this.
  2. Sep 6, 2019
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses Super Self-Sufficient

You seem to have found great delight in all of your brewing & wine making. Congrats! Always fun to find a hobby project to enjoy.

Your wines look beautiful, by the way.

3. Sep 6, 2019
    wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Almost Self-Reliant

I like the part of the story where the hot summer weather caused the beer to go skunky, so the pope blessed it for consumption during lent, lol!